new track - Tim Follin sample acknowledgment...

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Grimbog

new track - Tim Follin sample acknowledgment...

Post by Grimbog »

Hey guys,

My first post so I hope you don't mind the nature of this topic, as I'm not sure where it fits. I previously released a C64 tune for an Arkanoid track (search for Obscuresounds on C64remix).

I finally have another fun little project for you lot to listen to, but can't really define it as an official Amiga remix - It initially started as a remix of tracks from Breakbot and ZX Orchestra to create something new and different. What started as a simple mix, has turned in to quite a mad thing as I added more elements from sounds I love.

Unfortunately I'm awaiting to hear from the two artists if I am okay to remix their tracks together (some will have heard of Breakbot). But in the meantime I feel I'm ok to post this. Obviously this track will be taken down if it causes issues. This project was originally done in 2007, but it's only now that I've decided to do this properly.

The idea is simple - I'm limiting myself to vintage computers as musical instruments. Whilst it's quite easy to head down the 'chiptune' route, I opted to take a modern approach to it. I'm using sounds from the Amiga A500, ZX Spectrum, and Gameboy Classic. The Amiga samples are both from Tim Follins LED Storm (Snare, Bass Stab)... I made some changes to the way in which the snare sounded by placing it through an Emulator SP1200 (more crunch).

The curious among you might be interested to know that the calm pad sound in the middle is actually a C64 sawtooth waveform. Well... it's from an Ensoniq ESQ-1 which uses the same 4 waves as the SID chip... the wavetable is extractable, so I placed it in to an Akai S950 (12-bit sampling) and transposed it a couple of octaves. Meant I could use polyphony C64 sounds in a more analogue way.

Anyway.. hope you guys enjoy it!

http://www.obscuresounds.com/audio/brea ... hestra.mp3
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Re: new track - Tim Follin sample acknowledgment...

Post by DHS »

well, i like it.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Grimbog

Post by Grimbog »

glad you like it. :)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

I likes it too, very very much :)