some news(olds)1

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

some news(olds)1

Post by Max Levin »

Depending how you look at it, here comes some newsstuff I found out:

Bought International Karate Advanced for, guess what, Gameboy Advance the other day. Even though the ultra-low price it was the utmost enjoyment to play! :) Quick to the important question "Does it has the original Rob Hubbard tune?" Yes it does! :D I dunno who remixed it for the GBA-version but he did it well, it even has the badly digitalized "Swish-Pow-Sock-Mjau!" soundFX from the original IK games. I think the the gameplay requires more preciseness this time, cause I cant remember hitting the air this much in IK+. And Hubbards old chineese fighting tune doesn't really fit in if you're fighting two other guys in Greece, does it?
Oh well, besides from those minor "glitches" I highly recommend buying this game(it's also ridiculous cheap!)

Just to surprice some of you, I'm gonna release a Jarre inspired Whittaker remix the coming month. O2 didn't seem to want to do this so whattheheck I can do it myself, I thought. If it's good you have to check for yourself! :)

Here's a fun ringtone: http://194.19.39.29/vaaresringelyder/zo ... aft400.mp3
Enjoy

These are the things I nooze-up now and then, some text and a link. My own little c64-related editorial which I'll update when I want. Tell me if they're totally useless and I'll stop writing them
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I, for one, think it's a great idea Max... Keep it up I say :)
<--- I went that way --->
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

funny to hear that IK+ made on the GBA.....

come on max, do have a preview of your track ???
i'm waiting for it.... :wink:

btw. i'm currently working also on a whittaker tune....

cheers 2Klang
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Lazze: Let's see what the others say then :)

2Klang: IK showed up on Gameboy Color too, if you're interested :)
Sorry, but I intend to surprice you people, like the goal is to make you think: "Man, why have'nt O2 done this yet?" but ofcourse, I don't forbid you to think: "... ... ... average" :)
More Dave-remixes thanks! :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Max, your little editorial is very good, keep doing it.

As for the GBA version of IK+, apparently it was John & Steve Rowlands (Creatures programmers) who did the game, with Jon Wells supplying the music...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Steve Rowlands

Post by Steve Rowlands »

Hi all 8)

John and I did the GBC version of IK2000 with Rob Levy (who did all the box and manual artwork too). I think Andy Roberts (Thalamus Interactive) had a hand in getting the GBA version Done.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

It's available for playstation 1 as well - though screens on the back are from the c64 version - so its hard to tell weather its an updated version or an emulated classic :)