Glider Rider (Makke rip-off)

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Glider Rider (Makke rip-off)

Post by Mordi »

http://mordi.ziphoid.com/data/music/wor ... 0Rider.mp3

What do you think?

:cheers:

Edit: Updated March 28th 2009
Last edited by Mordi on 28/03/2009 - 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my website.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: Glider Rider (Makke rip-off)

Post by Makke »

Mordi wrote:This is basically my take on Makke's glider rider remix, without vocals.
If you want to, I could probably dig the vocals out from a back up disc somewhere.
Mordi wrote:I don't plan on releasing it on RKO.
Why not? It's good! :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

An interesting, starting off slower version and then launches into the UNZ! Me quite like :D
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Makke wrote:
Mordi wrote:This is basically my take on Makke's glider rider remix, without vocals.
If you want to, I could probably dig the vocals out from a back up disc somewhere.
Mordi wrote:I don't plan on releasing it on RKO.
Why not? It's good! :)
Hey, that would be awesome! :D

I wasnt planning on releasing it because its so similar to your remix of the song. :cheers: Maybe I will now that you have approved? :mrgreen:
Check out my website.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Mordi wrote:I wasnt planning on releasing it because its so similar to your remix of the song. Maybe I will now that you have approved?
Hey, we're remixing here, it's all about the stealing! Plus, it's not like I invented unz or anything. I think DHS did. ;)

I'm goning to look for the vocal tracks when I get home, both the vocoded and the clean ones. I'm not sure I have the clean ones left, but if I find them you have to promise to vocode the shit out of them. As I recall it, I myself decided to vocode them to cover up some of the worst singing I've ever recorded.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Makke wrote:
Mordi wrote:I wasnt planning on releasing it because its so similar to your remix of the song. Maybe I will now that you have approved?
Hey, we're remixing here, it's all about the stealing! Plus, it's not like I invented unz or anything. I think DHS did. ;)

I'm goning to look for the vocal tracks when I get home, both the vocoded and the clean ones. I'm not sure I have the clean ones left, but if I find them you have to promise to vocode the shit out of them. As I recall it, I myself decided to vocode them to cover up some of the worst singing I've ever recorded.
:lol: Alright, I promise.
What did you use to "vocode" the voice though? I think I should use a different sound maybe, to have some difference. Those vocals sound awesome with the vocoding you used though.
Check out my website.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Mordi wrote:What did you use to "vocode" the voice though? I think I should use a different sound maybe, to have some difference. Those vocals sound awesome with the vocoding you used though.
I think the main vocal track was vocoded with a 303-like synth, and the chorus was vocoded with a preset called Euro-something-something from the FM7 VSTi.

Check you private messages for a link to the loot. :)

I don't remember the BPM now. Mind you, my version of Glider Rider is transposed a couple notes up if memory serves me.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

http://willhostforfood.com/users/Mordi/ ... 0Rider.mp3

With vocals.
Meh, has some clipping issues and whatnot. Was so-so successful with stretching your voice to fit with the intro. overall, I'd say its listenable. :duh:

Edit: I was thinking maybe doing it another style, more soft and slow, but with your lyrics. Would that be ok?
Does anybody know anyone that would be able to sing?
Check out my website.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Mordi wrote:Edit: I was thinking maybe doing it another style, more soft and slow, but with your lyrics. Would that be ok?
Does anybody know anyone that would be able to sing?
Go for it. I'd volunteer to sing, but I really don't have time for it, plus most of my gear's packed up and moved to the band's new rehearsal place.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Mordi wrote:Meh, has some clipping issues and whatnot. Was so-so successful with stretching your voice to fit with the intro. overall, I'd say its listenable.
The words are a bit unclear in the intro, but it works pretty well anyway.

I think you could make the words clearer by using the clean voice I sent and re-vocode it, with the time stretched clean voice. Just make sure to slap a lot of compressor on it before feeding it to the vocoder.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I actually did use a different vocoder for the intro, but its very similar.
Makke wrote:Just make sure to slap a lot of compressor on it before feeding it to the vocoder.
I didnt think about that. Thanks.
Check out my website.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Updated. Redid the intro and made some unnoticable tweaks.
Check out my website.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

I really like it when it goes up tempo, and the robot voice is excellent. One of my favorite Glider Rider remixes already!

Here's album art to associate it with: :)
glidermordi.gif
glidermordi.gif (72.97 KiB) Viewed 6464 times
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Great stuff, I like how everyone is colaborating... This thread is exactly why this site is so great. :)

RMason good job on the cover.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Analog-X64 wrote:Great stuff, I like how everyone is colaborating... This thread is exactly why this site is so great. :)

RMason good job on the cover.
Couldn't have done it without your cool template Analog-X64!