New Computer room/studio pic :D

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Photon

Re: New Computer room/studio pic :D

Post by Photon »

CRTs are awesome! My Trinitron from 2001 is still the overall best display in my house for general purposes.

But yeah, I have an LCD for stuff that doesn't require fast picture updating, like music and graphics and work stuff.

Still, 1280x1024 @ 100 Hz is very enjoyable for, anything, really. Haven't seen a single LCD yet that can go beyond 30 updates/second without blurring my vision with its choppiness.

OK, back on topic :)

I'm building a studio of sorts too. No computers in my room tho, I'll just saw off a corner of the door and pull extension cable for screen, keyboard and some USB stuff through it.

Looking into materials for the floor, ceiling and walls... hoping to get something decent together in time for xmas break :)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Photon wrote:I'm building a studio of sorts too. No computers in my room tho, I'll just saw off a corner of the door and pull extension cable for screen, keyboard and some USB stuff through it.
We used to do that in our old studios, back in the days when computers, HDs and stuff were LOUD. Nowadays it's much easier to build a silent computer than an extra booth IMO.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

You can't live without a CRT if your doing video as flat screens tend to farg up close to white and close to black colours. I had to get rid of my CRT when I moved to San Diego and I have missed many times since then. A good thing that new ones are cheap :)

The new sound studio looks really cool. Makes me wish for one too. It's such an annoyance setting things up and taking them down again when you are done :)
Photon

Post by Photon »

Romeo Knight wrote:
Photon wrote:I'm building a studio of sorts too. No computers in my room tho, I'll just saw off a corner of the door and pull extension cable for screen, keyboard and some USB stuff through it.
We used to do that in our old studios, back in the days when computers, HDs and stuff were LOUD. Nowadays it's much easier to build a silent computer than an extra booth IMO.
Well, it's not about building a booth. I have a small room that I like to keep silent :) Not only for my ultra-sensitive mic (I'm getting one of those mic diffusor/damper things too), but it is my preference - computer noise is just ... unneccesary. Also, not a bunch of cables and stuff under the table, and no equipment to mess up sound going through any unshielded cables. And it only takes a minute to saw off a corner!
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Photon wrote: Well, it's not about building a booth. I have a small room that I like to keep silent :) Not only for my ultra-sensitive mic (I'm getting one of those mic diffusor/damper things too), but it is my preference - computer noise is just ... unneccesary. Also, not a bunch of cables and stuff under the table, and no equipment to mess up sound going through any unshielded cables. And it only takes a minute to saw off a corner!
Well, if you're going to record stuff inside of your control room that might be a different story, yes.