Jurgen Vries - "Wilderness"

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Jurgen Vries - "Wilderness"

Post by Chappers »

Just been listening to Radio 1 and noticed "Wilderness" by Jurgen Vries (aka Darren Tate) has some C64-like sounds to it. Anyone else noticed this?

Also, has Darren got any links to the scene? Might explain the connection I made.

Paul
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

As far as i can tell its just your generic everyday pap trance tune that me you and bubbles the monkey could reproduce with our own bodily functions after a really good curry.

Bloody hate generic trance music.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

That's fair enough. It's not going to set the world on fire in terms of originality, I know.

I like it though. I guess I'm not so easy to please as I'm no fan of the Zombie Nation track that was in the charts. That one may have had a strong C64 scene connection but it still had to be good enough for me.

Thanks for your opinion on it. I have a mate at work who shares your view so I understand what you mean. :)

Paul
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

I do have to admit though i do like the vocalists voice, and ive seen her on tv too and well..........voice matches the body.

this is always a good thing.

still the tune is crap (the original has been around for nearly 2years without vocal) but hey the kids like it lol.
as for zombie nation i share your veiws on that, it was a sub decent rehash of a dare i say it.....sub decent sid tune that i never liked.
so i could never relate to it......and it didnt have any fit dancing ladies just rob zombies long lost cousin prancing about like a total spanner saying zombie alot just to remind himself of what he was singing.

im looking forward to hearing trance make its triumphant sweep through RKO though....there will be a time.........oh! and bloody garage music... thats gotta rear its ugly head sooner or later lol.