What do you want from Rob now??

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".

What would you like Rob to do?

A sequel to a classic track
23%
A sequel to one of the newer tracks
No votes
Something completely new
46%
I don't care, as long as it's Rob
29%
Don't ask me, I'm a Galway fan
3%

Total votes: 35

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

What do you want from Rob now??

Post by Chris Abbott »

OK, if you could ask Rob Hubbard to do a new SID, what would you ask him to do?

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 26/09/2003 - 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I voted something completly new although it doesn't really matter that much to me what he does... As long as it's Hubbard :)

From a nostalgic point of view of course it would be nice to hear sequels of the classics... As well as newer tracks... But I think I prefer Mr. Hubbard coming up with something new... perhaps future classics...
<--- I went that way --->
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I voted "I don't care", becasue I trust Rob can think of something brilliant to surprise us. :)

I mean, if you ask the man to do something new, let him do what he feels like.
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Makke wrote:I voted "I don't care"
Wait a minute... That option wasn't there when I voted... CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIS?!?!?!
<--- I went that way --->
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

I voted something new.....but does this include on the SID or just in general?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> but does this include on the SID or just in general?

On the SID.

BTW: Sorry Larsec :)

Chris
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Hearing Rob on the sid again would be very special, but I'd be just as happy to hear any of his new compositions using any equipment.

If Rob did some new sid stuff it would lend weight to any possible "Project Hubbard".
I'd still love to own a definitive Hubbard collection on CD. But what do you put on, and what do you leave off ? The entire collection (including level tunes, hi-score, etc) would surely be too large. How would you decide what went in, and what stayed out ?

If Chris came out and said there's to be a Hubbard CD c/w new tracks on the sid then I would be a very happy person. I think this is unlikely, so I'd settle for a CD with new Hubbard compositions. What are the chances of either of these CD's being viable Chris ?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> What are the chances of either of these CD's being viable Chris ?
More viable than a year ago. :)

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I voted something new too. But for me thats either sid, synth or him playing on a big bouncey castle with spoons.

A CD with new hubbard work, i'll take 10 :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I cant vote on this one cos there isnt a point i agree to lol - maybe im just an old stick-in-the-mud, but i like his old stuff, the stuff he's famous for....
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

I didnt vote at all cos it didnt work by the time i got here which is bloody typical BUT in hearsay id like to hear him do anything at all....even the aformentioned bouncey castle thing (id like a video of that too please).

I would love to hear him do some original stuff on the sid (gives us all something new to remix really dont it and showcase like the little monkeys we are :-D ).

Seriously though, why just rob? why hasnt the likes of reyn and so forth come along and decided to do something with their sid chips? surely by now they have realised that what they do is worshipped by a fair few people....you look at how many people download tunes on RKO... no one ever seems to get lower than 200 (even on a full googly) so their is a fair few people out there that aint just remixers that are interested in hearing this music.

we the remixers are interested in hearing the new sids simply because we love sid, if we didnt why the hell are we even here? and usually when we hear something we like it gets remixed no matter how diverse or unknown it is ...ie DHS's epgyt tune lars totally slaine etc.

i'd love to hear some new material sid wise from rob id also love to hear some new material using whatever prog he uses now too alah reyn and nexus.

then again id love to hear ben daglish live again too...lots of people id love to hear again, i guess its just a matter of time after the relative success of bit brighton huh :-)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

p.s i just realised if i log in! i can vote duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
what a total spanner i am eh!

dont anyone dare comment or its handbags at dawn time!
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

I went for "Something completely new". I'm a beleiver in the fact that your life, it's surroundings and your experiences in it rubs off onto your work. With this in mind I bet *anything* new from the Hubbster would sound even more brilliant than anything he's done before. Just imagine over a decade of influences, impressions and personal feelings dropping into his new work!!! :shock:

Just go for it!
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Hmmm Project Hubbard including new exclusive SID tracks from the man himself? Could work... would be an incentive to buy it ;)