Slay Radio vote question

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Slay Radio vote question

Post by Doddsy »

When I click on a remix on SidFind, a box pops up that has all the tune info. In the box at the right, it says Slay Radio Vote with a % what does this mean and how is it worked out?

Many thanks for any help.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Slay Radio vote question

Post by Ziphoid »

Doddsy wrote:When I click on a remix on SidFind, a box pops up that has all the tune info. In the box at the right, it says Slay Radio Vote with a % what does this mean and how is it worked out?

Many thanks for any help.
That box contains a bunch of information regarding the original SID tune. The first section is the actual info about the SID. Location in the HVSC (High Voltage SID Collection) directory structure, composer and copyright info.

Next section shows a list of the remixes of that particular SID with their respective Remix64 and SLAY Radio ratings.

After that is the STIL info, which basically is additional information often given by the composer him/herself. It's an accompanying info structure for the HVSC.

...and then there's a box of info from c64.com, if the game has info regarding it all.

Those are the boxes I could see at the time being. Slaygon could probably answer if there are any more infoboxes that aren't showed right now.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

I wondered about this, too since the voting/rating system also appears on Remix.Kwed.Org but redirects you to Remix64, and having an account here to post on this board (despite also being on Remix64) does not give you the right to vote. Click on the smiley at RKO and you'll be taken to "Remix64 LogIn - Rating Centre".

You need another login account at Remix64.com http://www.remix64.com/signup.html , then you can vote on the remixes - assign smiley faces appropriate to how great the remix is (of course that's subjective and up to you). I'm guessing you can leave a vote without a "shout", which would explain why I can see 10 votes for a song, for instance, and only 4 or 5 "shouts" (little blurbs that scroll by), but I always try to comment when I vote.

To further confuse, c64.org hosts SID Find, and clicking on the tune redirects you to SLAY Radio! :)

It's all very interconnected....
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

RobinsonMason wrote:I wondered about this, too since the voting/rating system also appears on Remix.Kwed.Org but redirects you to Remix64, and having an account here to post on this board (despite also being on Remix64) does not give you the right to vote. Click on the smiley at RKO and you'll be taken to "Remix64 LogIn - Rating Centre".

You need another login account at Remix64.com http://www.remix64.com/signup.html , then you can vote on the remixes - assign smiley faces appropriate to how great the remix is (of course that's subjective and up to you). I'm guessing you can leave a vote without a "shout", which would explain why I can see 10 votes for a song, for instance, and only 4 or 5 "shouts" (little blurbs that scroll by), but I always try to comment when I vote.

To further confuse, c64.org hosts SID Find, and clicking on the tune redirects you to SLAY Radio! :)

It's all very interconnected....
That's the thing. We don't wanna drive our own race all the time, but use each others help when available. Look up in the right corner of this site. There you see 5 different banners. Just a small hint of the cooperation thingy. ;) Also, you could add c64.com to that list, of course...
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Doddsy wrote:When I click on a remix on SidFind, a box pops up that has all the tune info. In the box at the right, it says Slay Radio Vote with a % what does this mean and how is it worked out?
Hi there!

All links from http://www.c64.org/sidfind currently goes to slayradio.org due to a hardware crash (as mentioned on http://www.c64.org), and the lack of time to rebuild the site, although there is a new one on its way now.

What you are seeing is the collected info on any particular SID. Let's take this one for instance:

http://www.slayradio.org/sid_info.php?s ... rallax.sid

The different "boxes" are these:

SID info
The info found in the actual PSID file and a link to the SID. And no, the download link does not redirect to slayradio.org, it still goes to c64.org :)

Remixes of this SID
In this box you have three columns: The "Remix", "R64 vote" and "SLAY vote".
The "Remix" column leads to Remix.Kwed.Org, which is the main download site for C64 Remixes.
The "R64 vote" opens a box from this site called the "Rating Center".
The "SLAY vote" is the current SLAY Radio vote for the songs listed.

The difference between the "R64 vote" and the "SLAY vote" is that you can only vote once for a song here on Remix64, whilst on SLAY Radio you can vote for a song once every time it plays, which in the end gets played on a live show at the end of each month called "SLAY Rated".

STIL info
This box includes the relevant information for that particular SID from the STIL (SID Tune Information List) project (http://stil.c64.org).

C64.COM
In this one you can see screenshots for the demo or game where the SID appears. If you need a list of all of them, just head over to c64.com and browse around. They have loads of that stuff over there. =)

Anyhoo, I hope that answers your questions. If not, feel free to elaborate here :)