Remix spotted on Danish Television

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Remix spotted on Danish Television

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

http://vpodcast.dr.dk/DR2/Soeinding/201 ... 203029.mp4

Fast forward to 10:45 and wait for it. Within seconds you'll hear something familiar.
fac
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Remix spotted on Danish Television

Post by fac »

And if you look at the credits at the end you will see "Per Vers and DJ Noize" as the only credit for that piece of music, but why care about details?
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I looked at the credits but couldn't figure out which one of the artists listed that had done it. What's the title of Per V & Noizes 'original' track?
fac
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by fac »

I am guessing it is "Pibekoncert" from this album: V. 64.0

Funny though since to me it sounds look it is almost the original track they are playing and not much of the remix.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks. I'd never heard of that EP before. Am a bit hesitant to shell out 8 DKK to hear the track in full though, seing as its basically the lyrics from Per Vers' debut album mixed with SIDs, and a touch of drums.

In case anyone else is interested, the labels MP3 shop has 30 second shippets: http://www.klicktrack.com/runforcover/r ... vers-64-0/ or if you prefer a physical CD that's available at http://runforcovershop.dk/shop/per-vers-dj-648p.html
fac
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by fac »

Agreed, i have the CD, and enjoys it very much, but that is largely due to Per Vers' lyrics, and the geek factor of listening to hip hop mixed with SIDs. If you don't understand danish i would say it takes a die hard C64 and hip hop fan to buy this album, and if you already have Per Vers' CD there is very little reason for buying this.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I dont know what it is, but when I hear Rapping done in a language I dont understand it sounds funny to me. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Feeling lazy, I just ran the blurp through Google Translate, and with a few modifications it's was pretty accurate:

"Vers 64.0" is a concept-remix-EP, where DJ Noize recycles Pers vocal track from his classic debut album "Vers 1.0" (2005), replacing the original music with new beats that are built up entirely of sounds and music from the legendary Commodore 64 computer. The result is quaint, funny, and a damn thumping success."

If anyone is feeling geeky enough to buy the downloads, only the first 5 tracks are C64 related.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Oh, and Per retweeted my message about the tracks origins. Who knows, it might bring some people in from the hip-hop crowd. :)
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Well, you see this all the time with stuff on DR. They used some of our hybris/NEMESIS stuff at a time, didn't credit us, we wrote them, they never answered us.