Hardsid Problems...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Hardsid Problems...

Post by Tonka »

Hi all.

Just recieved my new Hardsid Quatro and it either appears to be playing up VERY badly, or ther has been a huge step backwards from the ISA version.

The timing is WELL dodgy, sounding like an overloaded cheap midi sequencer, and certain songs just sound far 'less than good'! For instance, I don't remember birds 'cheaping' in the original of the Wizball Highscore tune...! Here is an example:

http://www.fineglobalwines.com/wizzyhiscore.mp3

The ISA version I had was a perfect replica of the C64 version, and did NOT sound like this!!!

I have four good quality 6581's in there, but they are all suffering (on Sidplay - tried it on CCS and it just crashes)!!!

PPPLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE could someone who owns a Quatro tell me that this is not normal and that there is some updated driver or something (or I'm gonna have to cry):(

Any help much appreciated :D
Last edited by Tonka on 26/10/2003 - 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Could you try it in Vice 1.13 and see what happens? (BTW: Tonka bought his direct from Hardsid). Maybe the issue is with the version of Sidplay you're using? Or maybe you should give it another slot... or do a Voodoo curse... or something. I haven't even got one myself, so I'm short of other practical suggestions.

Chris
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Cheers Cris - will try all of those.

Re-insalled the drivers and the timing is OK now, but there are still notes missing out and those 'birds' in Wizball :roll:

I will let you know what happens :?

Tonka
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Just got an email back from Hardsid - looks like it may be a fault after all...

Said that I shouldn't panic as if the card is faulty they will replace it immediatley :D

Now I gotta go and record a bunch of Sids for them to listen to... It's a hard job, but I guess someone's gotta do it! :wink:

Tonka
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Tonka wrote:Now I gotta go and record a bunch of Sids for them to listen to... It's a hard job, but I guess someone's gotta do it! :wink:

Tonka
U wouldnt be sending yer own sids would you? :) hey Gareth, get in touch, u know my mail addy...

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)