LAST NINJA - The Return

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

CJ Rayne/X-Style coding, Soren Lund (Jeff) doing music, Bas Bertens (Axodry) doing graphics... and they have permission to use Feekzoid's existing tunes. They were hoping to have a preview ready this year.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

merman wrote:CJ Rayne/X-Style coding, Soren Lund (Jeff) doing music, Bas Bertens (Axodry) doing graphics... and they have permission to use Feekzoid's existing tunes.
They have? I must've forgotten aboot it. Either way its cool tho.

For info btw:

I composed two scores for LN4, based on what information and plans I recieved from Jon at the time.

FeekZoid/Last_Ninja_4_loader.sid

This was to be the loading tune, and was me paying homage to the gentler loader music of the first Ninja game. Perpetually tempted to arrange this with me modern tech ;)

FeekZoid/Last_Ninja_4_intro.sid

"Not a lot of people know that" this tune is missing its fourth channel ;)
This was to be the animated intro (Ninja 3esque) for the game. The music switches between a building ostinato and the pouding beat sections representing the actual animation sequences and fading title/credits against black backgrounds, building to the main sequence, and a cover of Ben's fabby main Ninja theme.
There were to be timpani and drum samples throughout the tune, which is why it sounds a bit empty in the middle.

A prototype cover of this actually exists on me hard disk ;)

There was a third tune which is in Jon Wells HVSC folder, but it was actually just his shifting around of my patterns for the first tune.

I had always had high hopes for Ninja IV, and had looked forward to composing 12 or so themes for it.

Bloomin 10 years ago! Sheesh!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Feeky, I'm only going on what was said in an interview done by Scene World editor Joerg Droege, which was published in issue 8. AFAIK they contacted Jon Wells...
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

and im only going on yer original intro music demo, the other demo and what I was told by Kenz, BLAME EVERYONE!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Alright, Dan. You're to blame for the high price of beer, the low rate of inflation, the credit card spending boom, Half Life 2 being delayed, and the hole in the ozone layer... :wink:
Rohality
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Rohality »

Aloa,

are there any information about LN4 (C64) out there?
Does this project have a website?

See'ya
Rohal.
---
project [rohality]
The Online Community Adventure
http://www.rohality.de
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

merman wrote:Alright, Dan. You're to blame for Half Life 2 being delayed
I told them it looked like the worst game I ever saw and told them to "do it again, do it better."

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)