Ocean Loader 4.5

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

remember this, tho in this case markus found some bad voting, in the end say with 20+ votes or more the bad voting really wouldn't have shown much, if at all.

most voters at r64 do seem to be genuine, so the odd bad vote here and there doesn't make a difference when say after a couple of weeks of it being voted on. It's only in the early days bad voting shows.

so don't be discouraged pal, it all evens out one way or the other. I personally don't take any note of the voting below 20 votes as it's been proven on many times that the votes below 20 are artificial.
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

My main reaction at first glance at the voting figues was that none of my other tunes *ever* started out that low. Nor did any other "pretty good" remix. This one really reeked. And it wasn't even me that started this thread, so others felt the same way.
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I agree mate. I was merely pointing out that when a decent amount of votes are cast that the end result will be the same. at this moment may i point you all to this link....

http://www.remix64.com/?load=Featured_Voting

especially the part about the voting in the early stages and the point about about contacting us if you feel there's a problem.

In this case we became aware of a problem thanks to a post by craig. If craig hadn't mentioned this, it may have gone by unnoticed.

I can't point this out strongly enough, contact us if there is a problem or you think there maybe a problem. we can't help if we arn't aware.
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

Tas wrote: can't point this out strongly enough, contact us if there is a problem or you think there maybe a problem. we can't help if we arn't aware.
This time the system worked.
Great! 8)
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I usually go through the voting statistics once in a while, and I think I've become pretty good at uncovering tactical voting :wink: Larsec has recently started to help me with that task, thanks for that. :D

Depending on my mood and the severity of the tactical voting, I send more or less harsh eMails to the "suspects" to convince them of the unfairness of their actions. Fortunately, most of them understand and apologise. Those who don't have seen the last of their R64 membership. :)

But as I mentioned before, cases of tactical voting have (fortunately) become a rather rare phenomenon.

- Markus :)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

putzi - thanks! :)

As for the track at hand, 79% sounds a bit more like it (what it is as I type this). While _I_ still reckon it deserves a higher mark, _that_ is subjective! :)

Neil - by and large, I agree with you about the 'evening out' thing, but in this case things seemed odd. The track slid really quickly on the basis of a few votes, and after my review knocked the rating up, it was reduced again within a few minutes. The "system", such that it is, does work here, though. It's good to see lman on the ball, so to speak! :)