BIT Live 2004 is the last one

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

There seems to be growing support for a concert/dance night to be added to the Classic Gaming Expo UK next July. http://www.cgexpo-uk.com
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, I'm meeting Chris the organiser sometime this month about this... it won't be a BIT Live, but it might be something...

Chris
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: BIT Live 2004 is the last one

Post by hyperhack »

Chris Abbott wrote:A powerful artistic climax for a journey which has seen us progress from a glossy nightclub, to a indie nightclub, to a church!

After this one, we will have pretty much done what we set out to do: reunite the composers with the fans, up the ante for performance of SID music, and have a lot of fun. We'd be repeating ourselves if we did another one after this.

If you were putting off coming, now's the time... before the lonely decades return...

Chris
http://www.backintimelive.com
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not the last one *sniff* *sniff* I just got into this C64 scene at the last BIT! Any chance of doing some AMIGA concerts chris? Take it a step further! Plenty of top MIGGY choons out there that could do with some decent remix treatment.

:D
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Yeah Chris is right! It wouldnt be the same without you MOG! C= symbols and all :P

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

ppl dont remix mig stuff half as good because every1 compares it to the original with samples. It was the first thing i noted listening to the key of Project-X on Alister Brimbles first CD .. although i did hear a good phenomena enigma remix recently....

Trouble with miggy stuff is every1 wants the mod - ENHANCED.. if it sounds even marginally different, ppl arent interested.... dunno, gimmie a clue - id love to see it, but thats the way it is i guess...
Mog
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mog »

hyperhack wrote:Yeah Chris is right! It wouldnt be the same without you MOG! C= symbols and all :P
Aw, thanky.

Someone else will just have to draw the logo on themselves!

Mog
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Mog wrote:
hyperhack wrote:Yeah Chris is right! It wouldnt be the same without you MOG! C= symbols and all :P
Aw, thanky.

Someone else will just have to draw the logo on themselves!

Mog
I will do just that MOG! I'm not going to elaborate much at this stage, but you certainly wont miss my symbol :D

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Matrix wrote:ppl dont remix mig stuff half as good because every1 compares it to the original with samples. It was the first thing i noted listening to the key of Project-X on Alister Brimbles first CD .. although i did hear a good phenomena enigma remix recently....

Trouble with miggy stuff is every1 wants the mod - ENHANCED.. if it sounds even marginally different, ppl arent interested.... dunno, gimmie a clue - id love to see it, but thats the way it is i guess...
I see your point entirely Matrix! As the Amiga tunes were closest to actual music because of samples as opposed to CHIP sounds, they are a lot tougher to reproduce differently. I recently heard the Enigma remake and it sounded virtually identical to the original :( We must find another way to inject more life into the C64 scene then! Maybe we can all bribe Mr. Abbott to do another one? :D

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Maybe we can all bribe Mr. Abbott to do another one?
9 grand and I'm anybody's :)
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Chris Abbott wrote:> Maybe we can all bribe Mr. Abbott to do another one?
9 grand and I'm anybody's :)
Anyone interested in a fund raiser? :D

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Yeah, appart from the obvious reverbarations and ambience it was as close to identical as you can get.. in fact, without disrespect to the remixer, you could and can get a very similar result simply by playing the original mod through a soundblaster audigy with cooncert hall setting on in the EAX... then tenkering around with the smaller variables.

Chris - 9 grand huh - anyones - ill pass that on to the Spectrum ppl, im sure they will jump at it lol .... *Cough* lmao
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Matrix wrote:Yeah, appart from the obvious reverbarations and ambience it was as close to identical as you can get.. in fact, without disrespect to the remixer, you could and can get a very similar result simply by playing the original mod through a soundblaster audigy with cooncert hall setting on in the EAX... then tenkering around with the smaller variables.

Chris - 9 grand huh - anyones - ill pass that on to the Spectrum ppl, im sure they will jump at it lol .... *Cough* lmao
Hey Matrix I heard that the spectrum community said that they would love to have him help them remix 'horace goes skiing' but they are a few pence short of the 9grand despite selling their grannies and some of their non-vital organs to the black market!

However the 'Linux geeks with beards club' said they will scrape up the cash only if hes handed over in shrink wrap with bondage tape included :D lol

<note: not all Linux users are loonys and have beards>

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
GeckoYamori
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by GeckoYamori »

If an inofficial BITLive is held in Sweden as suggested you can definately count on me showing up.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Ive never been to Sweeden, id love to see that !