Music for a social project

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Richard Anton

Music for a social project

Post by Richard Anton »

Hello dear forum

I have a question for you.

please excuse my bad english, I translate it with Google Translator :)

I'm a big fan of RKO and love the music. I have a great respect for the musicians.

So, now to my question: I would like to use some pieces of music for a presentation. The presentation I created for a social project. Am I allowed to use the music from RKO quoting source?

Thank you for your feedback,

Richard
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: Music for a social project

Post by Mordi »

RKO wrote:Small print: All files provided for download on this server are assumed to be freely distributable. In the event that a file here is NOT freely distributable, please contact the site maintainer for immediate file removal. By downloading any files here you acknowledge that you will not hold the webmaster or our host liable for any damages.
You can use the tunes. However, it would be nice to email the remixers in question - it's nice to know where your tunes are being used in my opinion. If you click their username on RKO, you get an e-mail link, at least for most of them. If you don't get a reply, you can use the tunes anyway - according to the small print.
Check out my website.
Richard Anton

Post by Richard Anton »

Hello Mordi,

what a coincidence. Actually, I really wanted to reach you with my question, but I found no e-mail address from you.

You are my favorite and your songs are my favorites. I have you all heard on http://mordi.ziphoid.com/. You are awesome! Very awesome!

I would like to present you the project. Would you give me your email address? Then I can tell you what you've got.

All the best,

Marcus

PS: Of course, there are generally a great musician!

PPS: Mordi. My day is saved :)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Mordi wrote:
RKO wrote:Small print: All files provided for download on this server are assumed to be freely distributable. In the event that a file here is NOT freely distributable, please contact the site maintainer for immediate file removal. By downloading any files here you acknowledge that you will not hold the webmaster or our host liable for any damages.
You can use the tunes. However, it would be nice to email the remixers in question - it's nice to know where your tunes are being used in my opinion. If you click their username on RKO, you get an e-mail link, at least for most of them. If you don't get a reply, you can use the tunes anyway - according to the small print.
Not quite. The RKO small print only covers downloading and distribution. There's a huge difference between downloading something for your personal collection and using it in a presentation, game, movie, compilation or other outlet that passes the music on to an audience (however limited said audience might be).