multiple links

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

multiple links

Post by xo »

To put less strain on a certain site and to make remixes more resident on the net it would be nice to have the ability to submit a new remix directly to remix64.com and in fact not just one link but as many links as one sees fit. As a further extension broken links can be automatically detected at some predetermined interval and made "passive" for periods of time, i.e. if kwed is down.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I think thats in the pipeline as i recall.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You can already provide links to files which can go in the R64 chart, alongside the RKO remixes.

Chris
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Non-RKO tunes will have to get their own charts in the future. There is a deadlink checker already for the alternative download links. I run it about once a month. Setting up the RKO/AR independent link submission thingy will require another painstaking makeover of R64's infrastructure, I think I'm going to take the site down for a few days for this.

The biggest problem is: if we extend our business to direct hosting of music, we step into competition against RKO and AMIGAremix, and I don't want that. The Remix64 features were created to supplement RKO and AR, not to replace them. So as long as there is RKO, there won't be any larger-scale file hosting at Remix64.

- Markus
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

There is a misunderstanding, I wrote: "...to have the ability to submit a new remix directly to remix64.com and in fact not just one link but as many links as one sees fit..." which impies that either I meant links or I meant the files themselves. I did however mean the former. Not that it matters much to your point since link sets partially undermine the need for central hosting, kind of the point in fact, but judging from the kwed traffic situation it doesn't look as if its in danger of being undertrafficked anytime soon.