Console LIVE!!!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Console LIVE!!!

Post by ifadeo »

yesterday i saw 'Console' live in düsseldorf and they was GREAT !!!

maybe you remember that was group using the wizball sample in
their song '14 zero zero'.......

what a live performance including great female vocals (looks sweet too... :P ), martin on synths & logic, a guitarist/keyboarder,
a bassist/keyboarder and a drummer with a mixed set from e-pads & real drums...

there was also a great visual show includes 3 video screens and a very nice lightshow.... and the best after all there was no computer
crash while the concert.... :wink:

please support them and buy their new record 'Reset the Preset'
including hits like 'suck and run' or 'surfin atari'.....and much more...

cheers 2Klang
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

I love CONSOLE , he (Martin) co-wrotes a track for the last BJÖRK Longplay, I LOVE BJÖRK :D and ZERO-ZERO was aN awesome HIT. ESPECIALLY THE VIDEO WAS FUN :wink:
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

tom wrote:I love CONSOLE , he (Martin) co-wrotes a track for the last BJÖRK Longplay, I LOVE BJÖRK :D and ZERO-ZERO was aN awesome HIT. ESPECIALLY THE VIDEO WAS FUN :wink:
the concert was fun too.... :D

it's very cool, five people doing a electronic jam session....

BTW. did you know 'Kreidler', it's also a great electronic band...

cheers 2Klang
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Talking of which...

Post by Chris Abbott »

I just put in a claim on 14 Zero Zero on behalf of Martin Galway. Let's see Virgin Germany deal with that one :)

Chris
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Talking of which...

Post by ifadeo »

Chris Abbott wrote:I just put in a claim on 14 Zero Zero on behalf of Martin Galway. Let's see Virgin Germany deal with that one :)

Chris
i think 'Console' will maybe donate martin something, they are
very nice... why don't contact them directly... :wink:

try here:

http://www.console.ws/

cheers 2Klang
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You may be right (though people seem surprisingly unkeen to give out money, even people who seem like nice guys!).

It's not Console who made most of the money out of Martin's work: it's the record labels. My claim is that Martin should be acknowledged as part author of the track: if that is admitted, then the financial consequences flow from that.

David Whittaker deserved much more from Zombie Nation than he actually got, which was a one-off payment from DJ Splank. They played the damn tune at the Superbowl, and they play it at Ice Hockey matches in the US. Someone's made a fat wodge of money off that, and it wasn't Dave. It's not as if the composers are independently wealthy or anything. They need any money that comes their way.

The best thing Console could do now is to admit what he did and tell his publisher to give Martin a share of the track. Amicably settled, no lawyers. Just fairness. That's all I'm asking, after all.

I get where you're coming from on this, and it might have been a good idea three years ago, but this has to be done at publisher level now.

Chris
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Re: royalties getting to where they should go..

Post by merman »

I find it ironic that the UK body that looks after songwriters spent a fortune on a computer system to make administration easier.. and promptly lost thousands of details..

There was even a feature on the Big Breakfast where they handed out royalty cheques to people for work on songs they had never been paid for.

There was also a recent ruling that session musicians deserve a bigger share, so I can see the same applying with computer music.

BTW, did you know that Puff Daddy hardly made a penny from "I'll be missing you"? Sting is credited as the songwriter, someone else got money for the chorus lyrics, and then Puff had to pay the other singers & musicians. Which makes me wonder why so many hip-hop acts go in for collaborations...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

chris, please let me know what the record company says.... :wink:

cheers 2Klang
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> There was also a recent ruling that session musicians deserve a
> bigger share, so I can see the same applying with computer music.
As far as I'm concerned, the author of a SID is also the performer, and the SID is a performance. No less so certainly than a lot of dance tracks, which are programmed rather than performed. The only difference is they use more synths. Part of my job is to register all the subtunes I'm concerned with as performances with an ISRC code, so that the composers get a share of that money.

Oh, and I will let everyone know how it works out.

Chris
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

SID Tunes

Post by tom »

Well, Chris we both talked about this in private emails before...

Like you, i think that there is <b>NO</b> difference to SID-Music and ,in quotes, normal music !!
And if someone uses Samples,Notes or even both from any kind of music which is not his own work, then <b>he/they</b> have firstly to ask if <b>he/they</b> - <b>is/are</b> allowed to do this!
And if the Publisher and Author do agree , then there should be all necessary credits, like Publisher - Share,Author - Share and of course name credits on the cd as well!
If someone don't do this then <b>sue</b> him !! :wink: