Something else...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
ruiner
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Something else...

Post by ruiner »

Lately I've had just about zero inspiration when it comes to music. I've idly played around with a SID or two, as well as a few ideas for originals but it's all been half-hearted. A couple weeks ago I started looking back at some of the other music that inspired me to become a musician to find ideas. I came across the first CD I ever owned and fell in love with it all over again. Rather simple songs that carry plenty of impact. The kind of music I'd like to make! I decided to cover my favorite track and to use the opportunity to try some different things when it comes to recording, mixing and mastering. It also gave me the opportunity to make a couple friends record vocals I could play with. :)

Now, the point of all this? I'd like some feedback, mostly on the mixing, etc. It's pretty much a 1-to-1 cover although I used only public domain samples. At any rate, here's my cover of Ministry's Just One Fix.
"Thanks to everyone (except for that sh*thead ruiner) who has participated/read . "
- dor-x / asdf
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Don´t know "Ministry", but the track reminds me of Rammstein´s "Engel" when the guitars start, although it is too less techno-sounding to be like Rammstein.
The mixage is quite balanced and I really don´t know what to improve. Sounds very clear.
putzi
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

If you don't know Ministry you should check out the tracks "Stigmata", "Thieves" and "Jesus built my hotrod". At least those are my favourits :)

Ruiner: I'll get back to you with feedback in private soon...

oh, btw. what's your email :)
ruiner
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ruiner »

putzi: Ministry pre-dates Rammstein by a fairly good margin, so I'd probably be correct in thinking Ministry had a good amount of influence on Rammstein. Makke made some good suggestions as far as worthy tunes, but I'd have to add Burning Inside and N.W.O. to the list. :)

Makke: ruiner1 at charter dot net (I've been getting a good bit of spam in german that I'll bet come from crawling http://www.remix64.com) Looking forward to hearing from you. :)
"Thanks to everyone (except for that sh*thead ruiner) who has participated/read . "
- dor-x / asdf