ATTN: Mac users

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

ATTN: Mac users

Post by CraigG »

I know several people were having problems with the login here when running IE/Mac. However, since swapping over to Safari, I've had no such problems, so thought I'd share the good news. Of course, it's slightly ironic that a beta browser with cookie bugs is fine here when IE totally frapped up, but there you go! :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Doesn't Mozilla run on Mac?

- Markus :)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

There are builds for Moz and Nav on Mac, but they take ages to boot and look like crap. There's another Gecko browser called Chimera, but I stopped using it after it dropped support for extended Roman, which meant I couldn't view Icelandic sites properly.

Safari is an excellent Web browser though, and despite being a beta, wipes the floor with the competition. It's also about the same speed as IE/Win, which is a first for the Mac (Mac Web browsers have historically been pretty sluggish).
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

BROWSER

Post by tom »

Isn't it only for MAC OS X ?? :cry:
I am still a MAC OS 9.2.2 user on a MAC CUBE :lol:
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Tom--yes, Safari requires Mac OS X.2 to run, like most new Mac software. By the sounds of it, you'll have to upgrade sooner or later. All new Adobe software is rumoured to be X only, and MS already only releases X-only applications.
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

well, i know you are right :wink: and i am willing to go <b>X</b> because even with my EMAGIC LA Software <b>OS X</b> is the better solution!
LA - 6.0 biggest new features are only available with MAC OS X !!
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Tom--yeah, but also you'd get to play with the rockin' SidPlay for OS X, which is _very_ nice! :)