Kudos to Neil!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Michael
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Kudos to Neil!

Post by Michael »

Yep, right. Big kudos to Neil, and I really mean it. Respect, man! For the courage to submit reviews in the full range from "bad" to "outstanding". Next to Chris and LaLa I haven't seen any other reviewer who did that extensively. It's so refreshing to be able to read and learn why the total ranking of a particular remix is below the usual comments and reviews from a few people who seem to find every release "outstanding" (even when they criticize some detail).

Awaiting reviews from more people who agree that a "good" remix is exactly that, a good remix and not a bad one, and that the gap to a "very good" remix can be small. Awaiting more musicians who acknowledge that it may take even a bit more to please everyone and get "outstanding" reviews from the majority and who agree that a "good" rating is not the end of the world.

With regard to my observation in this other thread, the releases from 16.2.2003 have changed even further: 7 very good, 20 good, 1 average.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Well, there are some odd reviews in there; in some cases people are rating average or good, but saying the remix is bad. In my book, average is average (I'm one of the old school 5/10 = average and not bad!)

As for reviews in general, I aim to write more, but I doubt there'll be many very negative ones, simply because I don't keep what I consider bad C64 remix MP3s!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

why, thanks Michael.

yep, i don't beat around the bush... it's no good being nicey nicey in these things is it!!!

reviews are reviews and that means there's good and there's not so good. i don't think it's courage, i just speak as i see it.