Question about rating updates

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Question about rating updates

Post by Romeo Knight »

Hi LMan :) ,

what is the reason for the rating percentages and vote numbers getting updated so sluggish in the charts list? If I click on a tune it's already up to date. Even when I do a search in the list I get the correct data. That's strange. :?:

EDIT: Ah, i found something out about it, it's only the charts of 2005 that fall behind.
I did the search in the alltime charts.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey Romeo,

each chart has its own update frequency. For one reason is, that not every chart needs to be updated as often as others; the pre 2004 charts for example get updated once per month, whereas the all time chart is updated every 30 minutes. And by request, too. If noone requests the chart list within that time, no update. :)

Another reason is to make the whole voting calculation more obscure. There was a time when casting a vote had immediate effect on the charts - that provoked a lot of people to manipulate the ratings. Funnily manipulation has really dropped since calculation is delayed.

Hope that cleared things up a little. :)

- Markus
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

LMan / Remix64 wrote: Another reason is to make the whole voting calculation more obscure. There was a time when casting a vote had immediate effect on the charts - that provoked a lot of people to manipulate the ratings. Funnily manipulation has really dropped since calculation is delayed.
Hey, that makes sense. It's a quite clever psychological trick.
<ger>Respekt!</ger>
And thanx for your time :)
Bye,
Eike
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Anytime :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God