FULL SAMPLES NOW AVAILABLE ON REVIVAL ST

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

FULL SAMPLES NOW AVAILABLE ON REVIVAL ST

Post by tas »

http://www.mbdrecords.com/index.php?page_nr_83

Finally online is the final Samples of the Revival ST album....

From the makers of Remix64 Volumes 1 and 2 comes "Revival ST". The first ever true Atari ST remix tribute Album.

For former owners of the Atari ST home computer, this CD has been a long time coming. For people who either never owned or heard the ST in action then this CD will be your chance to hear some of the very best themes made on the Atari ST remade using modern technologies and studio environments.

The Atari ST was often considered to be weak in the sound department with its use of the backwards YM chip. The great thing about this poor little chip is that many musicians such as those featured on this CD managed to make the YM experience so much more than what it should have been. Many ST classics can be likened to the commodore 64 in style and sound despite the YM's inferior ability.

This CD should appeal to former owners of the Atari ST but also to owners of the commodore 64 and amiga, if they dare to try!
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Just for the sake of completeness:

The cover artwork is now ready and can be seen on that page. It also tickles me to know if any of you non-ST guys have gained interest in the CD, after all it features Hippel, Follin, Hubbard, Hülsbeck and Bebben et al. We had great fun making this CD and I was rather sceptical at first (to be honest) but once I really listened to some of the ST classics, it caught me just how much these guys pushed the ST's sound capabilities. Same thing in all scenes I guess. really worth a look... erm I mean listen guys.

Opinions?
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Ive never heard anything off the ST, but ive heard a few tracks from the cd that Tas has sent me and I like what I hear ;)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)