Reviewers must be aged 18 or older to enter ;-)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Reviewers must be aged 18 or older to enter ;-)

Post by putzi »

He has done it again! Eliot distributes his un-knowledge by writing a review on my Birthday-remix. This is unbelievably bad, I have to comment...

>>REVIEW BY ELIOT (22/03/2003)
>>
>> This tune is not done by "Martin Schneider" alone, the HVSC lists it in the "Jens Blidon" sub-directory

Markus Schneider himself told me about it he did the SID alone, he even helped me to find the right notes (the first non-public mix was completely wrong). The info in old HVSC is wrong. Don´t comment on things you don´t know and also being irrelevant to the review.

>> It's always nice to listen remixes from composers outside the main-stream.

Ok, one true line so far ;-)

>> Sascha did a very good work to keep the flair. "Racoon" did not find all bugs in the audio, because there are some crackles within the first 40 seconds. Besides this few crackles,

Ehm, WHAT? There are no crackles at all. Do you have an older Soundblaster-soundcard on a PC with VIA-chipset? This setup produces crackles in playback on every song...
if you are refering to a few "hisses" audible: this sound is far from being a crackle, but is part of the YAMAHA QS-300 sound in the background.
You should not write reviews if you cannot tell what is audible in the background.

>> the tune is good balanced with nice instruments, I only miss a brighter stereo-panorama.

What? Hey, I am not responsbile for the bad sound of you Hifi-setup/amp!
It is pure full stereo even on my cheap portable MP3-player.

>> A good example of "happy-music".

A good example of a review that will be rejected.
putzi
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Reviewers must be aged 18 or older to enter ;-)

Post by Markus Schneider »

putzi wrote:Markus Schneider himself told me about it he did the SID alone, he even helped me to find the right notes (the first non-public mix was completely wrong). The info in old HVSC is wrong.
That's true and The Shark of HVSC is informed since some weeks. So it will be corrected in one of those updates.

Greetings
Martin
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Reviewers must be aged 18 or older to enter ;-)

Post by DHS »

Do you have an older Soundblaster-soundcard on a PC with VIA-chipset? This setup produces crackles in playback on every song...
"VIA chipset" is a way too large description.
Only *some* KT133 and KT133A chipset were affected by this problem.

It's years i have a KT133A mobo with a soundblaster and *never* had this problem.

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

After all, I guess he has a different problem, not the technique being the reason ;-)
putzi