Where are people meeting?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Where are people meeting?

Post by skitz »

Is there going to be an official or unofficial "Pissup" on the Friday for people ariving a day early like myself?

I should be there sometime Friday afternoon depending on when Slaygon has booked the train from Gothenberg.. :)
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Bloody hope so.. I land at around 9.30 in the morning I think... booze up after rehearsals then :)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I'm there on the Friday as well. Jan and I were planning to go out for a pint all along, so we'll just have to designate a nice pub. Jan's got a good sense for pubs, so he can pick a place I guess. :)

Jan? JAN! Pick a place! That beef and Guinness place isn't bad. Or that Irish pub we were at first time I came over. Or do you UK folk want a traditional Danish pub to soak in the culture? ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Makke wrote: Jan? JAN! Pick a place! That beef and Guinness place isn't bad. Or that Irish pub we were at first time I came over.
Or the one he and I went to where I could actually get a pint of Boddington's (it was still brewed in Manchester at that time). That was a great place, tons of atmos, and the telly had UK Channel 4 on, so I could watch Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff whack a quickfire 167 against the Windies :)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

There are 8 or us coming from Manchester on the Friday :)
We will be there for around 11.30am, so someone tell us where's the best place for the old VODKA :lol:

C u there :wink:
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Makke wrote:Jan? JAN! Pick a place! That beef and Guinness place isn't bad. Or that Irish pub we were at first time I came over. Or do you UK folk want a traditional Danish pub to soak in the culture? ;)
The first time you came over was when me met up with Racer and wosshername, right? Some jolly old day/night out drinking that was. :D

It'll prolly be too cold to do some open-air drinking down by the harborfront in November. But as far as I recall it we went to many a pub that day, including Bloomsdays (the Beef&Guinness pie place, which is also where Waz got his pint of Boddingtons). They don't have a big selection of foodstuff, though (not many CPH pubs have that). If its a food *and* drink place we're after there's also a nice place called The Globe less than a minutes walk from Nørreport station that serves up a wikkid Irish Stew. Of course we can just go on a pubcrawl and get the best of both worlds.

@Danceaway: my favorite hangout (Bloomsdays) doesn't open until noon, so you'll have to go thirsty for the first half hour. :wink:
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Incidentally, are people capable of navigating their heinies around downtown Copenhagen?

There's a couple of easy-to-find pubs on the high street (usually get WAY to crowded) and around Tivoli/Copenhagen Grand Central (tourist traps, bad decor/atmos, prolly more likely to land one a punch in the face) so I prefer the ones you need to turn a few cornes to get to. :D
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

They do serve some very nice pubgrub in The Irish Rover downtown ;)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:The first time you came over was when me met up with Racer and wosshername, right? Some jolly old day/night out drinking that was. :D
Yeah, Racer and Amber, and that Danish bloke whose name I can't remember (it was probably Sören, since 1/3 of the male Danish population seem to be named that ;) ).

And yes, it was one hell of an evening (and pissup!).
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:But as far as I recall it we went to many a pub that day, including Bloomsdays (the Beef&Guinness pie place, which is also where Waz got his pint of Boddingtons).
Ah, yes! Bloomsdays. Need to try and remember the name of the place, I have after all been there a few times now. :)

The Irish pub I was talking about was the one we went to after it started to rain, when Racer and co went back to the hotel (they went home for a nap (though I think that's code for "a shag"), and we continued drinking...as we usually end up doing). You know, the one with the snogging incident. :D
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Marcel Donné wrote:They do serve some very nice pubgrub in The Irish Rover downtown ;)
Ah yes, I went there for a pint of the good stuff my Saint Paddys Crawl 2005. Seemed nice enough. And pretty easy to find as it's on the high street.

Their website is crap, though :D
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Makke wrote:The Irish pub I was talking about was the one we went to after it started to rain, when Racer and co went back to the hotel (they went home for a nap (though I think that's code for "a shag"), and we continued drinking...as we usually end up doing). You know, the one with the snogging incident. :D
Ah yes, that would be Gullivers ( http://www.cphpost.dk/get/73026.html ) but thats an "international" pub (ie. thai food, Belgian beer, etc.).

The snogging incident was nice, tho. :D
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

I guess that as i'll be in copenhagen i'll give a phonecall to Mr. Kwed.

I even didn't understand a shit about how bus are running in copenhagen (the zones system).
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Where are people meeting?

Post by Slaygon »

skitz wrote:I should be there sometime Friday afternoon depending on when Slaygon has booked the train from Gothenberg.. :)
We will be landing Copenhagen station at 15:37.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Slaygon wrote:We will be landing Copenhagen station at 15:37.
I'll try to be there around that time as well then, though I guess it depends a bit when Don Kwed can meet up... actually if you're there I could just tag along with you guys and meet up with the Don a bit later if that should be the case.

Where are you staying, Slaygon? Do you need to check in somewhere, or can we go get hammered as soon as we touch Danish soil? ;)
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Makke wrote:Where are you staying, Slaygon? Do you need to check in somewhere, or can we go get hammered as soon as we touch Danish soil? ;)
We are staying at Dan's place! I cannot believe you want to get hammered again after the large quantity you had at Boz's surprise party!!
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org