Running empty...

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Running empty...

Post by Feekzoid »

I've been musing for a while aboot this, but I'll probably not write any more C64 remixes unless I get a brainstorm or something.

It occurred to me that 99% of my modern mp3 creations have been c64 covers not original works, and tho many non-c64er friends of mine have liked my works they've often said something like "oh.. so you didnt actually write the tune then?"

When I wrote Amiga mods they were 99% original, the remainder -ironically- being c64 re-arrangements - and I wrote over 100 mods.

I'd like to get back to original compositions, tho the downer of this is that I immediately lose a dedicated audience keen to pass comment/review my work and I think this is what I'll miss the most.

I had a few C64 projects on the backburner which may yet get finished, but with the limited time I have on my hands for composing these days its uncertain. I hope to break into the games/tv soundtrack business sometime, and I reckon the only way to do so is with original works.

What about some of the other composers here? What do you do music-wise outside of 64 arrangements?
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Check my web site under music. There's some downloads there.
Recommended:
Dawn, Beyond the Frontier, Airwave

Rafael
http://www.soniqfactory.de

Oh and sign the guestbook if you download, thanks. :wink:
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

I'm into a cappella. We're six persons (3 sopranoes (those you've heard in the "TaskIII"-remix I did together with Trace), 1 altoe (who you will hear in my already submitted but still in the upload-queue "Miss ParkPatrol takes a Break"), me as tenor and 1 base) singing swedish folklore tunes in a jazzy and swinging interpretation.

If we're talking about small niche music, then I assume _nobody_ here is into swedish folklore-a cappella in a jazz way? We (the a cappella group) don't want to be famous, and we don't want money, so as long as it's fun for all of us, recording a CD is a light-hearted fun way of getting together!

If you don't know anything to fill your days and life with, then why don't you keep track of this counter (Beware - it's a complete waste of time and energy):
http://remix.kwed.org/ticket.php?id=183 ... 72792c7993
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

*snip*
Last edited by Vosla on 05/11/2003 - 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
All is lost.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Well he has Vosla... plenty of them. A cover of Ethnisound (Special Edition) would be rather nice admitedly ;)
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Ethnisound?

Hmmm..

*ponders*

I also think I've got at least one more Ninja piece in me.. possibly a realisation of my own Ninja IV intro thingie.
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Xtbf Sounds?

What do you mean Vosla?

:?:

Rafael
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

*snip*
Last edited by Vosla on 05/11/2003 - 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
All is lost.
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Erm, Vosla, :lol:

My tune has nothing to do with that game... Now I get it. It's not a remix, it's just a tune I composed a few months ago. If you like it, great. But it just shows that if you are a remixer, people think you can only remix stuff. Actually, I have only ever remixed 3 tunes in my life - all of them on RKO.

My work for Vol2 of the CD and the RKO stuff is just a small part of my music. I play key for an 80ies band (Invisible Limits) - our gigs in Barcelona and Madrid this weekend - anyone care to come?, as well as the PS2 game music I am working on is taking up a lot of my time right now. I have composed tons of stuff in the 90ies, most of which never got released due to lack web. :lol:

I'll be chomping out stuff a lot more in future, once my time scedule eases a little. :twisted:

Rafael
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

lol i aint got nothing to add to this just I find it incredibly great talking to ppl like feekazoid who i remember from the old amiga days and getting music demo's mega demo's etc on the strength that he had put input in it.
As i said in a post a while ago........were all bloody good at what we do, if we wasnt we wouldnt be here.....pretty amazing to have grown up listening to some of the people here and then suddenly being alongside em....kinda a dream come true :-D
anyway back to annoying small animals and making "frrrrrrrrr" noises (long story) peace ya'll
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

*snip*
Last edited by Vosla on 05/11/2003 - 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
All is lost.
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Infamous wrote:lol i aint got nothing to add to this just I find it incredibly great talking to ppl like feekazoid who i remember from the old amiga days and getting music demo's mega demo's etc on the strength that he had put input in it.
As i said in a post a while ago........were all bloody good at what we do, if we wasnt we wouldnt be here.....pretty amazing to have grown up listening to some of the people here and then suddenly being alongside em....kinda a dream come true :-D
anyway back to annoying small animals and making "frrrrrrrrr" noises (long story) peace ya'll
Thanks dude! Its great to hear positive feedback about my old mods, as the nature of the time they were written meant that the only person I ever really got feedback from was Kenz :)