New Feature: What's hot?

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

New Feature: What's hot?

Post by LMan »

From the news
As you might notice, the middle column of the Remix64 welcome page now holds the headlines of selected scene related feeds. The colour of the date will indicate, how "hot" the item is - visitors of the messageboard might be familiar with this. The idea is to give you a quick overview of scene events that you might not want to miss: live radio shows, podcasts, scene news.
Please post your comments and feed suggestions here. :)
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

"Latest Forum Entries" should be on top
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Bringing the big picture into a very small space. Nice one, LMeister.

And no, I don't think Forum posts should be at the top (and I'm not just saying that coz the Take-away holds that position :)). People who visit the front page go there for the news, whereas us forum junkies head straight for remix64.com/board - I know I do. :D
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Excellent work, LMan!
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:People who visit the front page go there for the news, whereas us forum junkies head straight for remix64.com/board - I know I do. :D
Agreed. I check the front page two or three times per week, while I check the forums two or three times per day. So the current possition suits fine imo.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

That's a nice feature (and I was surprised by the entry on the c64music blog about my Beatles covers!)
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

This is a very cool feature. I have a couple of questions.

Does it pull the info from the sites RSS feeds, If so is your own code?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

It pulls info from the sites' RSS or Atom feeds. I have written a php class that parses and caches the feeds contents into associative arrays, in given intervals. These arrays can then be easily displayed in any desired form.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Thats exactly what I've been to lazy program for my site. I must get around to do it.

It's really well done, good job :cheers: