Sneaking with John ...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Sneaking with John ...

Post by Markus Schneider »

I ordered some original John Williams scores in USA which arrived my house last week ...

So I thought how will my library sound when the genius itself will control the instruments ? An excerpt of the result I arranged you can hear there:
http://schneidermusic.com/JW-SupermanLoveTheme.mp3

After that I was really dropped down and have to start learning orchestration the whole day ... :wink:
Markus
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Ahh, if you're going to learn, learn from the best. JW has pretty much dominated film scores. I think I've got about twelve different albums of his work from various movies, and a couple of compilations.

Markus, have you heard of Elliot Goldenthal? He's one of my favourites. Especially his work on Final Fantasy. Hey, who cares if a film is crap, as long as the music is good? :lol:
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Maindrian wrote:Markus, have you heard of Elliot Goldenthal? He's one of my favourites. Especially his work on Final Fantasy. Hey, who cares if a film is crap, as long as the music is good? :lol:
Yeah, I saw the film on pay tv and kept hanging on caused by the well done music :D I did not know Goldenthal but I always wanted to buy the music for FF as I will do some day. Does this guy has a website with tracks online ?
Markus
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

That's the sort of CD Synsoniq would stock (synsoniq.com)

Good work with the Williams, BTW...
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

I love that Superman Love Theme ... :-=)

I am not sure if there's a difference between the film and the game ?
As i know the game soundtrack is available at Chris' Synsoniq.

Does anyone know if there is a difference ? I would guess, yes ... :)
Markus
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Yeah, the movie soundtrack is not the same as the games. Quite a big difference between the two. At the risk of sounding like a total spod, you could check out the game soundtracks. Nothing as spectacular as the film, but some pretty hypnotic melodies. :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I'm not so sure i agree with you here Maindrain, the gap is closing all the time. Many film composers are now entering the games scene. (andy brick springs to mind, but there's more)

I think in years to come, it might actually be reversed slightly, as interactive music keeps being the buzz word at the moment. They havn't quite got interactive music right yet, but it'll come and it'll be here in full glory in the coming years.

Modern day games are often bringing in orchestras for there scores. the gap is small.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

I was thinking of Harry-Gregson-whatsisname... Chap who did Metal Gear and all those action movies. Whats his last name?
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

Surely the point is that the FF film soundtrack is NOTHING like the FF series game soundtracks. I'm not a big fan of the FF series musically, but the film did have a good soundtrack.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

That's what I meant by a big difference. Stylistically, they're worlds apart.

Anyways, back to John Williams, I just picked up his Attack of the Clones soundtrack on the cheap. It amazes me how the man can make even a bad film sound great. And shock horror, I could swear I heard an electric guitar used on track three. Not something I'd expect.
Rising Star

Post by Rising Star »

Maindrian wrote:I was thinking of Harry-Gregson-whatsisname... Chap who did Metal Gear and all those action movies. Whats his last name?
That would be Harry-Gregson-Williams.
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

I actually really liked the FF7 music from the PC game, it was in XG midi format.

I actually thought of it as the last great game soundtracks, in that it featured lots of that John Williams staple effect: The leit motiv - themes representing characters/events.