MMMmmmhh....

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

MMMmmmhh....

Post by DHS »

--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
moog
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by moog »

looks that we have a successor of MS2000
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

I so want to like it but... no. Just can't.

It's just too complex. As if it tries to be too many things at the same time or something. I guess it's just the weird split construction. As always, I reserve the right to change my mind after actually trying it though:)

Last synth I really liked was the Alesis Ion, but the screen that had really crappy viewing angle was a showstopper for me. Then again, the Micron doesn't have enough control.

Though I'm a bit tempted by the Moog Little Phatty too...

Sumppi
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

sumppi wrote:It's just too complex. As if it tries to be too many things at the same time or something.
Hehe, ever tried Reaktor? :)
No honestly, the user interface doesn't seem to be too complicated, and it looks like that for any sound some editing knobs are pre-allocated?!
What I'd rather like to know is, why would you need another shitty spacewasting keyboard with it?
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

Romeo Knight wrote:
sumppi wrote: What I'd rather like to know is, why would you need another shitty spacewasting keyboard with it?
:lol: ahah :lol:
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

Romeo Knight wrote: Hehe, ever tried Reaktor? :)
I own it, never used it yet :) I hope that when I get the damn KORE working (I need to reinstall all NI software, the whole Komplete set) I'll actually get to use those things.

BTW, anyone need Komplete Care 2006? I bought KORE and hadn't registered my KC2006 so their system thought I'm entitled to a free KC2006 update when I thought I was getting Akustik Piano... well, apparently they can't do a thing about it. That's NI for you. Fuckers.
Romeo Knight wrote: No honestly, the user interface doesn't seem to be too complicated, and it looks like that for any sound some editing knobs are pre-allocated?!
What I'd rather like to know is, why would you need another shitty spacewasting keyboard with it?
At the moment I have just Korg MicroKontrol and loads of VSTs. It's useful, but I need to have a Real Instrument I can play with instantly. Turn it on, tweak some sounds, play for a while, turn off. No need to configure anything.

It's pretty much the same thing why I like guitars, just plug it in and go :)

Sumppi
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Well it certainly is a nice looking keyboard, if it was available back in 1990 and it was reasonably priced back than, I would have bought one. But with Hosting software and VST's and some of the amazing keyboard controllers out there. I would say no.

Since I had to return the Roland Controller keyboard, I have looked around and I think I may get on of the M-Audio series. But I'm holding off, till I'm done with this project in Chicago and I'm finaly home before I buy something.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

sumppi wrote: I own it, never used it yet :) I hope that when I get the damn KORE working (I need to reinstall all NI software, the whole Komplete set) I'll actually get to use those things.
Believe me, Reaktor is the most versatile and massive instrument for synthesizing sounds you could ever think of. I use it for everything, even for sounddesign and creating SFX for commercials.
For everything except "real" samples.
sumppi wrote: BTW, anyone need Komplete Care 2006? I bought KORE and hadn't registered my KC2006 so their system thought I'm entitled to a free KC2006 update when I thought I was getting Akustik Piano... well, apparently they can't do a thing about it. That's NI for you. Fuckers.
Just ordered Kore a few days ago. Let's hope I won't have so much problems like discussed in the NI forum. :roll: Till now I was pretty satisfied with all NI stuff.
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

Romeo Knight wrote: Believe me, Reaktor is the most versatile and massive instrument for synthesizing sounds you could ever think of. I use it for everything, even for sounddesign and creating SFX for commercials.
For everything except "real" samples.
Oh, I know that. I'm just too lazy to tinker with sounds that much. I'm pretty much just a preset user.
Romeo Knight wrote: Just ordered Kore a few days ago. Let's hope I won't have so much problems like discussed in the NI forum. :roll: Till now I was pretty satisfied with all NI stuff.
I guess I have to reinstall every instrument from scratch and hope that's enough to get the damn thing to work :)

Sumppi