Question for Putzi...

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Question for Putzi...

Post by hoomish »

While listening to your latest remix (v. good btw, voted it orange smiley) I checked out the ID3 tag and noticed that 2Klang had beta-listended (if there is such a phrase!) for you. My question is this: is 2Klang still annoyed with the listening community or just taking a break? Personally, I hope it's the latter as 2Klang's remixes are very good imho.
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

As an addendum, I actually think that your LN2 remix is possibly your best work... well, from my point of view anyway! :wink:
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Ehm, I don´t wanna speak for 2Klang, but there is some stuff to come :-)
putzi
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Oh and: thanks 4 the nice words! :-)
putzi
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Putzi,

I'm just listening to some of your megamixes and was wondering what software you actually used to piece all of these together?

I am working on puting a set together to mix live at BitLive4 but was also hoping to put a few "premixed" sets together to play during the actual day. I have played with a few "production" applications but none really give me any real control over beatmatching or applying FX's. I was going to just record myself doing it live...

Skitz
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

You can use any multi-track editor if you want to do mixes like the SixtyFour-megamixes, even a sequencer with audio-capabilities will do, like Cubase (which is my choice for SixtyFour #6). I don´t use any "magic" to match the beats, I just count them and if any remix from my current selection of tracks for the megamix matches roughly, I adjust the speed by editing the remix.

My goal with the megamix is somewhat different to what you want to do live, because I reduce every remix to the interesting parts and cut breaks and repeated parts, and I especially cut parts that make linking a remix to another remix impossible; but sometimes breaks are the links, depends on the remixes I want to glue together.
putzi