Timbaland in unauthorised SID usage allegations

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Timbaland is growing bigger and bigger. Now that Furtado has left him bc she thinks it's time for a different style on her next album, Madonna's been hired as the next Timbaland zombie. They are currently recording an album featuring Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams and others, which is going to be released in November.

I wonder how much SID is going to be on there. :twisted:
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I better start doing some SID tunes, and wave them under Dumbo's nose, so that I can get some compensation... would not be much trouble, as all he needs are "bad music" which he say he has the rigth to steal... It'll take probably as long to make, as the music he does I think... 1? ... 2 hours? :roll:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

and I must say, that anyone who team up with that jerk, has my respect drop below zero... damn money-thinking shitheads... period! I don't think they are unaware of Timbalands theft, so to me that is the same as acknowleding his deeds....

... din't believe Madonna or Timberlake really had financial needs to team with that idiot.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

...now I'm not really into R'n'B and HipHop.... can anyone here who like these genres PLEASE tell me what is so good about timbalands music, that he deserve such a big status as he gets?... even though I don't like those genres, I definitely find other music in these genres by other artists much more pleasant than Timbalands...

... maybe you just have to be a Timba Zombie to get it... don't know.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

.. all this really makes me remember why I hate the commercial mainstream record business... it's like sports, and everything else that gets grand attention; it turn into a giant money machine, and the art drowns in the process... it's all about "keeping up appearances" so that the flow of money and fame keeps comming... music becomes the "food" of that machine, and they obviously do not give a damne about the artistic quality and ethics, as long as the "musical food" keep the fire burning...
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

rant...rant... rant... oh how I LOVE it! :twisted:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Well. I guess Timbaland has certainly earned some credit, since his style kind of heavily influenced the commercial R&B / Rap genre since the mid 90s (Missy Elliott, Ginuwine). He (or his production team) has certainly manufactured a lot of fresh-sounding and successful songs ever since, and currently it seems like he is indeed the most wanted commercial mainstream hit producer out there. Personally I always liked his sound, and his unique fresh beats, and I like the whole Nelly album.

Unfortunately my respect dropped to zero, because nothing justifies the arrogance displayed by him, crowning himself king, disrespecting the work of others and claiming the credit for his own. Makes you wonder how much of his fresh sounding stuff is actually his own invention.

But let's rest assured, every kingdom falls, every heyday ends. The higher they rise the harder they fall.

Oh and Razmo: yes I dislike the mainstream music industry passionately for the very same reasons. It's all dollars and fame, where art is just a means to an end.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Lman: ok!... thank you for the "inside view" :)

You wrote "his" beat... did you really mean that? :lol:

Production team? ... *SIGH!* what happened to true artistic pride? ... is this common when they get so famous!? ... they just hire people to do their music? ... Is it just me who is so stubbornly proud of my art, that I cannot let anyone else have influence on it? :?

... Fame comes from well produced art, but for some strange reason it seems that when fame has been reached, art is a bi-product of the fame... it's so clear because many really famous musicians get their fame from truly great artwork, but much of what they do after they reach fame, is in most cases a pile of junk compared to what led to their fame...
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Well it's kind of ironic since often the producers are the people in the background who create the art, and the singers are those who take the fame but not the money (think casting bands). The distribution of the profit is usually not very fair - unknown singers get only a very small portion of what is earned by a CD sale.

So in this case, we have a producer who wants the money and the fame, which is unusual. But he has little regard for honour, which is rather usual.
Thunderer
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Thunderer »

Is it me or does his "hit" featuring Nelly Furtado and Justing Timberlake, Give it To me sound hauntingly like Tim Follin's Ghouls and Ghosts.

Obviously it is not the same song, but it is heavily influenced and there's a definite resemblenace. (Not saying it is a rip off but sounds and seems like a SID influence here too).
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I guess we're beginning to see ghosts. :)

*bahdum-tshh*
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

well... we probably just have to face it.... in mainstream music business, they have so much work to do maintaining their income and fame, that they don't have time to clear copyright issues or even make their own music, so the SID community having this vast amount of "untapped potential" is a godsent for at least Timbaland who can harvest almost about anything from it, and spit out hit after hit on those SID idears, and nobody will notice because no one knows our little community...

I'm sitting here wondering, if any of this theft has been aired anywhere in bigger media like MTV or the like? ... the point is, that even if he looses this battle and has to pay royalties, he'll not feel more than a "little sting" from it, if it's just to saturate our underground scene here... if this is to have any impact it has to reach the mainstream listeners... there has to be some "jaw dropping" among more of his fans and the media. If not, he'll just walk "unharmed" out of this... it will not hurt Timbaland until the culture in which his music has it's roots will give him the Thumbs Down (but I guess it's harder to make a stone weep, than make a Timbaland Zombie change their mind).

It might be satisfactory to Janne Suni to get compensation, but I've got this feelin' Dumbo really don't care... he'll just fight, loose and do it again... his hit "Do it!" ironically got a whole new dimention to it's name now...... do not matter if it's others work! ... I'm good! so I DO IT! :evil:
Last edited by Razmo on 13/08/2007 - 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Lman: Ghosts are real!.... believe me! :D
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Who you gonna call?

Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

So Chris is a member of the Ghost Busters? 8) ... empty your mind Chris!... The Timbaland Marshmellow man is commin'! :shock: