FAO Tom Detert

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

FAO Tom Detert

Post by tas »

Hi Tom,

I know i have three e-mails from you, but unfortunately my e-mail is down due to maintenance, so i am unable to see what the contents are.

I'll get back to you ASAP regarding your mails. Thought i'd let you know, didn't want you thinking me ignorant or anything :)

Neil
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

:lol: okydoke i already thought you have left to jupiter or mars :wink:

Just for your quick info, everything is fine with the remix64-tracks, i made a little mistake ,but the problem is already solved :)
You'll read that in these emails 8)

take care buddy
cheers
TOM:::...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

okie dokey mate. Nah i'm leaving for jupiter around the 19th mate ;)
no... not jupiter, that place like it, you know the one where no one goes and people all talk strange. oh i know what it's called...."Germany" ;)
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

remix64-v2-into eternity cd

Post by tom »

Hi Neil,

only for your Information.
<b>All</b> preview clips of the CD-Tracks are now on the server :wink:
As disscussed all tunes are almost 1min. long and in 128kb quality 8)

I have already informed Lman, so he just needs to put them online
cheers
TOM::::....
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hi Tom,

Thanks mate :)

btw, bloody email still down! :(
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

it should be ok for me to put them online, if we are using your server for downloads.

if however we are moving them somewhere else, then let me know.

i can probably sort it out ya see.

Neil
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hi tom,

can you have a look at the blood valley clip? seems both me and lars have some crackling.
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

all the way through ??? :?

Everything is fine on the mastered track , except the crackling in the blast and the noise in the vocals which have already been in the original File ! Sometimes the mastering will reveal the limitations of the original source.

Maybe my mp3 converter had a problem with the loudness of the mastered track and because of it's low resolution (128kb) it does sounds a bit distorted, but i will check it here as well, give me a minute....

TOM:::::...
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

I heard the prev-clip , and yes there is the distortion from the <b>blast sound</b> which crackles .
I have talked to Lars about this problem before and we both decided to leave it as it is...
There was already a clip during the recording that Lars did, and the mastering of this track made a spot out of this error,sorry but i can't remove clipping in a finished track! :cry:

TOM:::..
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

BLOOD VALLEY!!!

Post by tom »

Well, I had a listen to the original unmastered <b>16bit/96000hz.wav</b> file which Lars send to me and the little clips in the guitar and the loud clip in the blast-sound are already there in the original recording ...
As i said before, mastering will reveal the limitations of the source (if there is a limitation) ... :!:

If you can't life with it, then LARS has to do the whole recording once again!!! That's the only solution we have guys...sorry

TOM:::::...
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

Neil, have a listen to the original full mp3 that <b>you</b> provided, there are the same clippings in it !! It's still on the server as you know...just listen for yourself start at 5:30 or some seconds earlier :!:
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

8) good morning Neil, any decision made ??
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Hey Tom

I think that thing that is considered crakling is actually clipping in the lead guitar samples. I think it somes from the sound of the pick hitting the string...
There's still the crackles from the blast but as you said we agreed that that was fitting... :)

EDIT: Actually it turned out to be the bass sound that had a not so lucky attack which has too much treble on it... At least I think that's why it sounds that way... Whatever the reason, it is caused by the bass...
<--- I went that way --->
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

OkyDoke :wink:
then we leave it as it is and Neil will get the complete CD within a few days from now :lol:
Congratulations to everyone who was involved to this CD-Project , even after listing to all tunes 100 of times :) it is still great... All of you have done a great job !!! 8)

cheers
TOM::::...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

okie dokie,

e-mail is down btw :(