"Remix"-compo?

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

"Remix"-compo?

Post by Scyphe »

Idea:

Pick one song from the HVSC-collection

Give entrants 2 months to finish a remix/cover

Alternatively add certain rules like "it has to be in a reggae style" or some similar rule

When the two months have ended and the entrants have sent in their contributions, make a public vote

The question is if there would be enough interest in something like this. If there's only one or two entries it would sort of make the whole thing pointless. It would be fun if a number of remixers would commit themselves though.

Just an idea. :)

/Scyphe
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: "Remix"-compo?

Post by Makke »

It was a long time ago since there was a remix compo held here. The problem is generally to get enough entries.

I'd probably try to get something done for it. Note try. I'm always strapped for time these days, but would be fun none the less.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

There is a 3D Rendering forum that I browse from time to time and they have a monthly challenge.... there is no prize or anything, but its nice to see praise given by peers for rendered images. Most of the images are not commercial quality and nobody cares, its all about having fun. The winner gets to pick the theme for the next month.

Although the contest is supposed to be a monthly event, some can run a bit longer.

As an example... a Theme is given....like "Garden" and people render all kinds of images of Gardens, Some Fantasy, Some real and some even on a remote planet in some futuristic setting.

The Challenge is voted by users like this.

Users vote for their personal 3 favorite entries, No voting for yourself.

Member Name - 3 points
Member Name - 2 points
Member Name - 1 point

At the end of the challenge these points are added up and the person with the highest score wins the challenge and gets to pick the next one.

I think with a bit of modification this could work in here as well and could motivate some (me), to get of their butt and get some music recorded.

Now we could simply Pick a song each month or two from HVSC collection and let people come up with their own interpretation and remix.

If the song was limited to a style of lets say Jazz or reggae or classical, it might limit the number of submissions.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Well, we could make sure to play the tracks on SLAY Radio and hence help promoting the competitions as well...
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

I think a time frame of two months would be required to gather enough entries. Also, having some sort of "interest"-poll or similar to see how many would be willing to spend some time creating an entry. Not too loose and not too firm.
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."