SID-Special on Bayern 2

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: SID-Special on Bayern 2

Post by Analog-X64 »

Thanks for the link I will have a listen later on.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

While it's nice that the c64 gets attention on "common" radio, it's a shame that it once more represents only a narrow view on it all. Protovision gets a mention which is nice. Also Zombie Nation - fair enough but no mention of Zombie Nation being a ripp-off, and no mention of Daglish. The remixing scene also gets a quite unrepresentative mention (if you can call it that at all), since it only refers to Radio (name removed), and in addition makes it appear that they only play original SID sounds.

The sid tunes that are played heavily underrepresent what the SID chip can do - with the short bit from Ghosts n Goblins being the best. The SID song they play in full - I don't know which one it is, since they don't mention the author - is rather dull and repetitive. I would rather have them played stuff by TBB, AMJ, Jeff or Hein Holt, you know things that make you go "wtf!". The report ends with Hülsbeck's version of Axel F - nice enough but Shades would have been far more suitable.

Overall it leaves a bad taste since it once more makes everything related to the c64 appear extremely geeky, choosing SIDs that would rather alienate the average joe than cause an attraction. None of the tunes played are being properly credited btw. :nonono:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's the media, they always disappoint.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

That's what they are for. Bad press is always best selling. :wink:

A shame that you guys put time and effort into such things only to witness dumb people shredding it into such lame cast.

LMan's right - it's really annoying what SIDs they have chosen.
All is lost.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Vosla wrote: A shame that you guys put time and effort into such things only to witness dumb people shredding it into such lame cast.
Reminds me of the time, I prepared a 6 Hour set for a wedding, drove 5 hours to get there only to find they had setup a Karaoke Machine and the guests sang all night!!! YES one guest after another, stood up and did a Karaoke!!!
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Analog-X64 wrote:Reminds me of the time, I prepared a 6 Hour set for a wedding, drove 5 hours to get there only to find they had setup a Karaoke Machine and the guests sang all night!!! YES one guest after another, stood up and did a Karaoke!!!
:confusion:
AAARGH!

AAARGH!
Gaah! Karaoke!

All is lost.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I have a certain fondness for Karaoke, despite being completely unable to sing, we should have scene Karaoke. :D