The day after ...

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by arvirus »

Monty wrote: So i didn't care how old the remixes were. A remix is a remix.
thanx, monty. this is also my opinion. i would like to add: "a good remix is a good remix, doesn't matter how old it is."
2Klang wrote: Arvirus & Simone sorry about the lunch... we didn't make it back
in time.... i send you soon a cd with a few tracks for simone, you know... 8)
okay, you are forgiven! :wink:
i'm looking forward to hear your new track!
Tas wrote:I had already spoken to DRF that i thought most of the CD wasn't Disco type of stuff, so i'm not too suprised about that. Tho i'm strangely curious why Shades was picked over Gianlucca's work, as especially Tales of Boon would fit into any disco if ya like Rock music.
i picked "shades" because i thought it was the most recognizable c64-track.
Tas wrote: Actually, Remix64 volume 1 would have been a better choice for this type of disco effect, especially the two tunes from Glyn, and the DHS tune.
that's why i played about 6 tracks from r64 vol1.
Tas wrote: One thing i have noticed through this thread is that the music seemed to be specifically aimed at the German audience. Sponse since it was held in germany then maybe ;)
good observed! :wink:
[ http://www.arvirus.de - more than meets the eye]
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by arvirus »

Rafael Dyll wrote: You knew that the stuff to be played was disco stuff from the start. There was supposed to be a presentation of the tunes - maybe a medley mix would have been interesting. We had a DJ there to do that.
can you tell me how i should make a medley with only one cd? technically impossible!
Rafael Dyll wrote: Also, to be honest, I didn't see *anybody* dancing.
i did. i rememeber that some people danced to "mega apocalypse" by TSW and "crazy comets" by makke. (i have the proof on video)
but besides that: did you ever saw a computer-freak in a disco? :wink:
Rafael Dyll wrote: There was even a period where Arvirus played slower stuff. That could have been the part where Vol2 would have made sense.
at this time i still didn't have the r64 vol2 cd.
Rafael Dyll wrote: I may have made a fool of myself promoting the CD and the Remix64 site on TV whilst the CD was not presented. It was a shame I think.
"was NOT presented" is actually wrong.
Rafael Dyll wrote: The event was fun, but it would have been the cherry on the cream for me after 7 hours of driving (back and forth), to hear our work and see/hear responses from our community. :roll:

you can't please everybody...
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by arvirus »

2Klang wrote:Hey DRF, next time some Go-Go Girls which motivates the guests to dance... :wink:
this also didn't motivate the guests at the 1st BIT live party in birmingham :wink:
remember: most guests were computer-freaks who for the first time saw a disco from the inside! :twisted:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> this also didn't motivate the guests at the 1st BIT live party
> in birmingham
Well, it motivated them to look up the girls' skirts... :)
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by arvirus »

Chris Abbott wrote:> this also didn't motivate the guests at the 1st BIT live party
> in birmingham
Well, it motivated them to look up the girls' skirts... :)
i see chris, this was your original intention when you invited the gogo-girls! :twisted: well, then i have to say "thank you"! 8)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

arvirus wrote: remember: most guests were computer-freaks who for the first time saw a disco from the inside! :twisted:
yep, you're right.... :wink:

cheers 2Klang
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

did. i rememeber that some people danced to "mega apocalypse" by TSW and "crazy comets" by makke. (i have the proof on video)
I also saw heavy movement on the dancefloor while playing Lazy Jones...
can you tell me how i should make a medley with only one cd? technically impossible!
at this time i still didn't have the r64 vol2 cd.
Well, we really had some probs with remix v2. 1st off, the CD by Neil still haven't arrived. :(
Then, on saturday evening in the club, I thought arvirus already have the CD, while Marcel thought I have the CD. In fact the CD still was in Marcel's backpack. Shit happens... :?

Anyway, promoting the event as "Release-Party" means not only playing the tracks, but also selling the CD "SIDologie" for the 1st time.

And one last word: Arvid did a great job! Stop it now or prove you can do it better! 'nough said!
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

I think it's not a fair draw to complain about people who engaged a lot for the party and played a major role for the success.

The 2 major reasons why Arvid didn't played more from Volume 2 had been the delay of the cd AND finally I asked him for that. Markus H., Jan and me thought it just did not fit. Further it then had been announced with an adress to the audience what not only in my opinion could have destroyed the very nice and andvanced mood.
Sometimes pretended positive thoughts capture over to negatives.
To avoid this danger we agreed on that point not to play more tracks.

That's it !
Markus
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by arvirus »

Markus Schneider wrote:... AND finally I asked him for that.
i didn't want to tell about that until you do :wink:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You know, I haven't mentioned this before, but a recurring theme of
BIT Lives I've done is that it's almost impossible to make things
happen in order once the thing gets going.

a) BIT Live 1: I had a _bugger_ of a time shifting people about. Those who were there will remember that there was a VIP room where all the composers were hanging out: here was where most of the action happened. Now, the plan was to move everybody out of the room
and down to the bar downstairs where the shop was, so they could
sign stuff and meet the rest of the people who had come. It was
midnight before I was able to get people down there, because they
were having such a good time in the VIP room (eh, Mat?!). I was also
unable to make sure that Steve Barrett's Trap 2 demo was shown with
sound...

b) BIT Live 2: again, we had to show the Trap 2 demo with sound only
at the end of the evening, because once things get going, it's pretty difficult to let people know what things are happening...

Anyway, in none of the events did I feel remotely in control of what
was going on, despite my plans (which was why I was so stressed).
So I'm not surprised that everything (and some important things
to some people) didn't go as planned. At BIT Live 3 we didn't even
manage the high score competition since there were so many people
there, there was no room for it. And that was advertised!!

Anyway, we're hoping to learn from this at Brighton. The venue
makes it easier, since there's more room for signs, and there
will be actual stewards on hand to help people!

Chris
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Whew!!!

Just got back home after a 1350 km (818 miles) roundtrip to Wedel and I have to say that I would do it again, without a moment's thought, next weekend!!! :D

Many many thanks to Volker for letting us crash at his place and organising an outstanding event! I'd also like to thank Markus Schneider for letting us crash at his place too (and to Mylo, for waking us up in the morning :D )

It was great to finally get a chance to meet a lot of people in real life (Putzi, Jan Zottmann, Thomas Detert, the list goes on and on :D)

And before I had a chance to meet everyone, the night was over and I found myself (slightly hungover) in a huge traffic jam the next day playing back, in my mind, the events of the previous day with a huge grin on my face :D

Thank you all so much!

Marcel
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

The music on R64v2 is not dance music, I did mention this to Volker and chatted about it, i gave him free reign to do what he wished, and play what he wanted to play. Tho he knew what the music was before hand, and maybe a wise decision would have been to note this on the official website. It was marked on the website as a major part of the event, so to play just one track kinda misleads a little. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I have no problems with Volker/arvid choosing to play 1 track as i agree entirely that the CD is just not clubbing stuff, tho as said it should have been noted on the official website really.

Markus's coments make me think, great musician, not the most astute buisnessman LOL!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> 1350 km (818 miles) :shock:
!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Tas wrote:Markus's coments make me think, great musician, not the most astute buisnessman LOL!
Be sure I am a good businessman.
Sometimes depending on the situation I think it's better to protect the product before people are getting angry on it. I still think it had worked if the preview had been started at first before the party mood grows up. Beeing there within the party I had the feeling people will get angry on the product disturbing their heavy boom-boom party mood. So I did what's best for it IMHO - from a view as a businessman :wink:
Markus
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Marcel Donné wrote:I'd also like to thank Markus Schneider for letting us crash at his place too (and to Mylo, for waking us up in the morning :D )
LOL! Never forget your facial expression while Mylo barked into your face from eye to eye :lol: Nice time we had for sure. Always again, mate !

PS: Please send me one SIDologie I paid, which you gave to RTL2. You hadn't been in the mood late evening I could ask you for a new one :lol:
Markus