Jaguar XJ220 - Misty Ride

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
SelectaNovel
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Jaguar XJ220 - Misty Ride

Post by SelectaNovel »

Hi
I know, it is not a new one (actually almost three months since I posted it), but I'm really keen on getting to know what you think about it. I waited for a review feature on amigaremix, which unfortunately has not been fulfilled yet. Because this forum is the only possibility of finding out how to improve my stuff, I'm looking forward to your comments... :D
SelectaNovel
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SelectaNovel »

C'mon guys...don't be shy :lol:
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Ok, I won't be shy. 8) Never thought I ever was.

Ok, I remember we met at the BIT party in Wedel (your name was Matthias right?) and had a small chat about your stuff. I can only base this post on what I said there: Keep practising. You should take heart, listen to people, throw out what you feel is just other people's own taste and keep at it. You'll see your music improving with time. And don't let people put you off.

About this tune in particular, I have to say that it is actually by far not as bad as the rating makes it seem. To be honest, the tune is quite catchy, so the original is always somehting you have to keep in mind. Secondly, your chosen instruments are quite nice, I wasn't very impressed by the lead but the drum tracks and bass sound quite punchy and have a good quality.

My main gripe would be that the tune is pretty repetitive and ends up being a little nervy. Maybe shortening it a little or adding some own bits would have done the trick.

There's no recipe for a good track, believe me.

Rafael
SelectaNovel
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SelectaNovel »

Hooray! People are not dead in here yet! :wink:

Thank you a lot for your constructive critics.
And yeah, right, my Name is Matthias. :-)

Well, as an artist I know there should not be given too much on other people's opinions, which I really don't, believe me. I spread my stuff at my friends and receive sincere feedback. But they don't make music themselves and they don't know how to verbalise it precisely when a tune simply sucks. This is where this forum comes into play.
Most of critics is based on personal taste. What I'm looking for are suggestions, how I could have improved the quality of the sound, because I don't have the capacity to master the music properly. Poor as students are, I only work with Madtracker and CoolEd and a pair of Aldi-Speakers :wink:...

Nuff said...awaiting more comments...pretty please!