no football for me :)

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Lee's PeeknPoke
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

no football for me :)

Post by Lee's PeeknPoke »

Will be arriving at around 6pm Friday and will be in the pub where everyone is meeting at eight, so no football for me then (as I fancy having a few scoops of beer on Friday)

Looking at Multimap, it looks like my hotel is a min away from the station and the event, which is good.

meet you all there!

Lee
Visit Lee at PeeknPoke
-play old games, cry into your beer-
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

No football for those rehersing either *sob*
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

No football for those who got a damaged foot either. That's me =)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Tas wrote:No football for those who got a damaged foot either. That's me =)
Bugger. I was hoping to put in a dodgy challenge to get my own back for Grimsby's defeat in the Carling Cup. :)

Paul
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

ha! you can make it a double defeat by buy me a pint ;) LOL
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

This RAC map thing is rubbish for the Park.

How many are going to turn up for footy - I have 3 - are we meeting there or at the clocktower place?
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

madfiddler wrote:No football for those rehersing either *sob*
No footy for those watching the rehersals either. Did it actually happen? Im sure I heard someone say that not many turned up so it was scrapped

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

dan gillgrass wrote:
madfiddler wrote:No football for those rehersing either *sob*
No footy for those watching the rehersals either. Did it actually happen? Im sure I heard someone say that not many turned up so it was scrapped
A grand total of 3 turned up, Dan :) 3!!!!!

It was yours truly, Andrew Fisher (Merman) and a top Scottish bloke by the name of Mark Gallagher (hope I got your name right!) who used to know & work with Barry Leitch many years ago. He produced the game Smash TV - The Rip-Off that appeared on Shareware on the Amiga quite a few years ago.

As to the footy itself, we waited till about 7.15-7.20, gave up waiting for everyone else then just had a quick kickabout between us for about 15 minutes. We tried to get a taxi afterwards but I think the woman taking the call didn't seem very bothered about getting a car to us as we waited for about half an hour without luck. Mark made the call and, even though his Scots accent was very broad, he was understandable. Gave up waiting and then walked to the pub.

It was one of those things where, on another day, we might have got a few more but Chris did mention to me later after I left The Prodigal at the end of the night that things always never go to plan on a BITLive as we would like. The rehearsals clashing with it may have made a difference but I was quite philosophical about it in the end and had a good time in The Prodigal.

Paul
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Let me just add to that - we WALKED the 2 miles from Preston Park to the Prodigal pub on the seafront and consumed some alcohol.

At 11:30pm I then walked the two miles back to Preston Park and the guest house I was staying in...

Oh, and I have a huge itching scab on my right knee from sliding after the ball...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

merman wrote:Oh, and I have a huge itching scab on my right knee from sliding after the ball...
Add to that a valiant effort in goal. It was a performance that Peter Bonetti at his peak would have been proud of :)

In my view, a star in the making :wink:

Paul
hat

Post by hat »

merman wrote:Let me just add to that - we WALKED the 2 miles from Preston Park to the Prodigal pub on the seafront and consumed some alcohol.

At 11:30pm I then walked the two miles back to Preston Park and the guest house I was staying in...

Oh, and I have a huge itching scab on my right knee from sliding after the ball...
Whaaaaaa. We walked from west of the West Pier (the purty one) to Preston Park, got there at about 6pm. Only saw one game going and it wasn't Commie folk. At 7:10, we still didn't see anyone group with a ball, so we walked to the pub.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

hat wrote:Whaaaaaa. We walked from west of the West Pier (the purty one) to Preston Park, got there at about 6pm. Only saw one game going and it wasn't Commie folk. At 7:10, we still didn't see anyone group with a ball, so we walked to the pub.
Not wanting to bang on about it too much but it was quite clear from the directions that everyone was to meet up at the clocktower in the park at 7pm. There's only one clocktower (which is massive) so didn't think it would be a problem finding it.

I arrived shortly after 7pm so anyone who got to the clocktower would have seen/spoken to me and known it was the right place.

Aaaaaanyway, the match itself was billed as a bit of fun, nothing serious so I'm not too fussed that it didn't work :)

Paul