bit brighton_infy's veiw

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

bit brighton_infy's veiw

Post by Infamous »

Howdy all :-)

Well what an eventfull weekend that was, made my way up to brighton with neil carr, glyn brown, mr gillgrass (hope i spelt that right) and larsec which was cool.
got into our hotel (lovely place) and sorted ourselves out went off down the road to look about ended up in a lil side pub thing and had a few pints and loosened up nicely with my new found buddies lol.

Then off to rehersals (nearly an hour late mind)...which was really excellent, was my 1st ever life view of daglish and i got to meet some of the nicest people around, including jan and skitz, makke, o2 and so forth, was a real experience for me.
Listening to these other people's music and finally getting to stick a face to em (And hair in makke's case lol).
anyway....... night ends nicely in the designated pub "the prodigicicicicicical (i was drunk.....)) where i met a few others including tomsk who is a lovely guy like...... lolol.

back to hotel.....lars snores....keeps me awake! :shock:
get up in the morning and have brekky with all the lads and then off down to the brighton centre.

Now i aint going to cast any aspersions to chris abbotts work, he does a magnificent job of what he does, he does it well and precisely, gets his job done BUT.....
and there is always a but aint there, i thought the show was a little sparse to justify its 7hr tag.... but from what i hear it had a damn good turn out and alot of fun was had by all, and i finally got marcels cd! wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! and its bloody exellent too so the next person to say its not is gonna get a kick right in the <Censored> the <censored> <VERY censored> people.....

OH! and marcel is a really nice guy too but i expected that......any man that lives off beer curry and cigarettes is a nice man to me hahaha
The highlight of the evening for me was rob hubbard playing live on his keyboard, that was really something special, unfortunatly i didnt feel too good and i missed part of it and the whole PPOT thing which i am annoyed at but im sure the DVD (shameless plug alert!!!!!!!) will have all the best bits i missed right there.

I gotta give a mention to the pub we all sat in "walkabout" that was the so great sitting right there next to makke, glyn opposite me, lars in a recliner to the side, neil sitting the other side of makke....dan and jan (ooo! poet and i didnt know it) there aswell and all of us just deep in conversation, so excellent such a great atmosphere and i really hope that even if there isnt another bit live we can just goto brighton or somewere just for the fun of it and just all meet up.
Id love to see all you guys again, especially makke's hair............
Likely to be an influx of photo's up on sites pretty soon, and i really am looking forward to seeing these.

......yes! OOOPS

the concert.!

madfiddler! cool!
ben daglish in funky green trousers playing guitar like a rockstar! COOL!
reyn and marcel doing their key thang...and particular reyn giving his all on a superb lil solo effort COOL!

ROB HUBBARD......SAY NO MORE .

as i said i missed the rest so i hope someone can enlighten me sometime soon....maybe in vhs format or dvd with added special features.... am i plugging that enough chris? lol.

All in all, my 1st back in time event and i did get to meet alot of people who i shall list down below in order of how i remember you and if i dont im sorry but i was VERY VERY DRUNK. and it was one of the best experiences of my life and i cannot wait and i cannot stress to mr abbott how i would LOVE to see another bit...... i will be there without a doubt.

top weekend and those that missed it........well ya missed it.

anyway nice lil handshakes and stuff to the following :

==============================================

dan gillgrass - drinker supreme and my coachman of choice.

larsec - the danish version of brad pitt.....who snores

neil carr - top bloke....even AFTER my creatures review

glyn brown - MUNCH! HMFFF ..F%"^ PHOTO? BAS%£"^

tomsk - a reet nice bloke like , weyeye lads hehehe

dr future - the doctor was in the house that night

markus schneider - the most drunk german i have ever met and in the morning he was the most hungover german i had ever met haha joking aside i was very happy to have met you markus :-)

makke - ....that hair!..them weird things u stick under your lip...damn it! i want more! i am addicted and u only gave me one....and someone told me later that it rotted a member of your familys gums or something? so now i REALLY want more! haha

Jan "kwed" - had no doubt this guy was really nice....he proved it top bloke

marcel donne - eating a bag of dodgy looking chips outside what would become our spiritual eating palace, played brilliantly on the night, again another top bloke.

o2 - WOW! o2!!!!! wooohooooo! haha starstruck sillyness aside another really nice and down to earth guy, and ^5's all round to you.

max levin - was really happy to hear you had a great day, was great to see you live and in the flesh...but shame i didnt get to swap system shock tips haha!

Mahoney - cool guy :-) was great to fit a face to the superb music

the australian - who i had never heard of before because he was a "lemon person" but hey he turned out to be a top guy too so .....heya :-D

kenz - for having the biggest zoomlense a man could ever ask for and a man size bouff poster that dissapointed cos i couldnt look up its damn skirt!

that guy with the red shirt on from "the xmas chortles stuff" and the long hair who was very loud and irish i think he said (again i was very drunk) but maximum respect to him the nutter! and to all the ppl that do xmas chortles :-).

and of course to mr abbott himself, great night had by all i think as long as you got your head detached from that mobile phone (i saw a hospital up the road m8 they mighta helped ;-) ) im sure you had a great time too and i thank thee for it :-)

and finally to EVERYONE that turned up, from remixer to camera person from sweden, from the black lady who was giving it large standing by the doors througout stuck inda 80's section to all the "big guys"...ben, fred, martin, rob, reyn et al, the scene is alive people, we proved that on the 13th.

see you all next bit :-)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: bit brighton_infy's veiw

Post by Larsec »

Infamous wrote: ...and of course to mr abbott himself, great night had by all i think as long as you got your head detached from that mobile phone (i saw a hospital up the road m8 they mighta helped ;-) )
... Hmm... I think I'm just gonna let this one slide Infy... As I recall mr. Abbott wasn't the only 'Chris' at BITLive to have that problem ;)

I am a little curious as to the Brad Pitt comparison... Was it "12 Monkeys", "Kalifornia" or "Fight Club" Brad Pitt...? Because I figure it has to be one of those...

P.S.: Sorry about the snoring... it's a viking thing...
<--- I went that way --->
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

ha! no it's an english thing, glyn kept me awake at times with his snoring, but i think i might have got my own back later LOL
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Infamous left out :
"And thanks to Vosla for not being there"

Just kidding. Just being sad i couldn't join you there. :cry:
But someday a voice from a dark corner next to you will whisper in a low voice : "Howdy! Nice to meetcha!" :wink:

Again, kidding. I am so unorganized and untalented, you might be spared forever. :roll:

HEY, HOPE YOU HAD ALL A NICE WEEKEND ! :D
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Well it seems there will be a bitlive 6 or whatever the next number is, so you have plenty of time to get those pennies saved up yeah? =)

see ya next year vosla =)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

hope so !

i guess i have to get a lot of pints there to keep up with you folks :wink:
if everything proceeds as planned, i will have finished my it-course by then and get some work here. A possible candidate is our local hospital or the asylum...hehehe.
man, it's been years i had a decent hangover... :wink:
All is lost.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

... Hmm... I think I'm just gonna let this one slide Infy... As I recall mr. Abbott wasn't the only 'Chris' at BITLive to have that problem ;)
Ha! I was forced into it by the nokia fairys honest!.....the problems of a demanding love life haha
I am a little curious as to the Brad Pitt comparison... Was it "12 Monkeys", "Kalifornia" or "Fight Club" Brad Pitt...? Because I figure it has to be one of those...
oh it has to be a cross between 12 monkeys and fightclub lol
P.S.: Sorry about the snoring... it's a viking thing..
Yeap and im sure they all heard u calling back in denmark lolol.

and vosla it'd be great to meet ya :-)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Infamous wrote: ... (And hair in makke's case lol). ... makke - ....that hair! ...
Hehehe, I was going to mention you in my report as one of the fellows who didn't comment on the hair...I guess I can skip that now. ;)

I had a really good time!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I never mentioned your hair for obvious reasons =)

or did i? if i did then what the helldid i do that for! :lol:
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

:cry: well, i worked hard even at the weekend and i am really sad that i wasn't available for this event..... :evil:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

you was missed :(
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

tom wrote::cry: well, i worked hard even at the weekend and i am really sad that i wasn't available for this event..... :evil:
Me too, I would haved loved to meet you... Mr. Spellbound :D
<--- I went that way --->
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Yes, I'd like to meet you too, Tom. Now I had to interview Mr. Schneider to get to know you... :D (which, l by the way, was very nice!)
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

:) thanks folks, hopefully i'm gonna make it next time... but at the moment the music-buizz in germany is almost DEAD ,especially in Dance-Music which i produce the most. So i have to focus on new ways to earn money with music and of course new products... anyway as we all know life's a rolercoaster train,right?! :wink:

winky winky
TOM::::...
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Tas wrote:ha! no it's an english thing, glyn kept me awake at times with his snoring, but i think i might have got my own back later LOL
Never heard Glyn snore but Chris, are you sure it was Lars and wasnt Neil you could hear? :wink:

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)