A few projects I'm working on...

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

A few projects I'm working on...

Post by Razmo »

A project in the works, that utilie only a Waldorf Pulse Analog monosynth and Lexicon MX400 effects processor (harddisk recording all layers):

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Will%20I%20Ever%20Learn.mp3

And another project that is finished, also harddisk recorded but more different synths:

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/Behind%20the%2 ... 20Tree.mp3

All is heavily electronic music, without any real drums... just what I would call Fantasy Music... Nothing is C64 related though.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: A few projects I'm working on...

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hi Razmo :)

I like "Will I Ever Learn" A lot of visual ideas come to mind with this track.

Now with Behind the willow tree, I'm thinking either a Bud Brain style type of Graphics Demo, or a modern version of Ghost and Ghouls.

Easy to visualize something with these two tracks. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog-X64 wrote:Hi Razmo :)

I like "Will I Ever Learn" A lot of visual ideas come to mind with this track.

Now with Behind the willow tree, I'm thinking either a Bud Brain style type of Graphics Demo, or a modern version of Ghost and Ghouls.

Easy to visualize something with these two tracks. :)
Thank you for the comment ANX... My current music is very little drum-oriented, as I still listen a lot to Redshift and Klaus Shultze, so they are meant to inspire a mood into the listener, or at least I hope they do... there is still a lot of work on the first one, as all of it was made today playing around with my Waldorf Pulse synth.

The second one is pretty weird and surreal which was the intend...

I'm still on the project that should "connect" al these little tunes together into one big album at some point when I have enough material.

Actually I'm working via HD recording now which let me use the same synth for more than one track, and as such I'm still trying to better the sound quality of the recordings which I'm a bit unsatisfied with at the moment, but I guess I'll figure this out in time... just got an E-MU 1616m PCIe interface for this, and it works great... using a Mackie ONYX 820i analog mixer as a PreAmp for the synths for EQ and external FX before going into the computer etc... a very different setup than I'm used to, as I've always been working 100% via MIDI... the advantage of the HD recording method is of course that it gives great flexibility, and I get total recall. I don't use software EQ or synths still though... PC is just a "tape recorder" with editing functions.

But the best part is, that using this method is much more spontaneous... many tracks are recorded on the fly, not even quantized or recorded as MIDI first... it's live playing which gives a much better feel in my opinion, and is more interresting for me. It's mostly the melodies, Effects and Pads that are on the fly... basslines and percussive tracks are of course quantized.

But again, thanks for the comments ANX :wink:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Actually I did want to say that I find its interesting how minimal it is with percussion, but yet you have rhythm going. I try not to make such comments, as I dont think I qualify to make such comments, with my lack of knowledge in music production. I can only tell you what my ears tell me. :D

Now I have a story to tell you about Klaus Shultze. Before mp3's and online music purchases, I would go into a local music shop, one of a kind it wasnt part of a chain.

I would walk in, and the owner would say "Hey!!, I have some cd's here that you may be interested in" He would usually have 3-5 CD's and would go through them, during one of these times. He gave me a CD by Paul Schütze: Regard http://www.discogs.com/Paul-Sch%C3%BCtz ... ster/82328 The audio is very interesting, minimal percussion, any rhythm comes from synths.

Its cool that you are doing HD recording at home, when I think about how expensive HD recording used to be when it first came out.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Actually HD recording is kind of typpical these days... using a PC for the recording if you use external synths... actually I was a bit "outdated" since I used MIDI 100% through the whole project. It's a mess trying to get total control from using only MIDI... these days anyone with a soundcard and a PC with any recording software can do it really...

About the rhythm of synths... yes... it's usually the bass that sets the rhythm, and in most music with drums, the kick drains much of the power from the bass... without a kick drum and percussion, the instruments are much clearer, and it gives a distinct and different feel to the music... much more "laid back" and dreamy which I like since it sets a mood... even when the bass gets rhythmically you are still "floating"...

My projects will have percussion in them though, but not as much as normal dance music... it will be used when apropriate, and in untraditional ways I've decided. I simply get tired of unzy rhythms all the time... been there, done that. it'll be music to LISTEN to... not dance.... Belly dancing maybe :D

And you SHOULD say what you think about the music ANX... you have ears just like me, and if you hear something odd, please say so, otherwise I would not spot an error myself... you get easily "tone deaf" sitting with a piece for days on end. I make music to please everyone, not just producers you know ;)

I'll listen to your link now... :)

Regards...
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Added some percussion to the later part of the first track...
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Both tracks are pretty cool. Lots of potential. I would like more melody though. I'd love to hear some pads (chords) in the second one.
Check out my website.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Mordi wrote:Both tracks are pretty cool. Lots of potential. I would like more melody though. I'd love to hear some pads (chords) in the second one.
I'm thinking about melody lines at the moment actualy... but as this music is inspired mostly by artists as Redshift and Klaus Shultse, it's more mood minded, and less melodyminded... more like texture-based... as most music from the genre Berlin School is. But nonetheless, I like melodies as well, so in the end, it'll probably be some kind of hybrid style.

About Pads in the second one... I'll look into that, and see if I have some frequency-spectrum left for this :) ...

Thank you for your comments Mordi... appreciated.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Added a melody line at the last part of the tune (track 1)... still Waldorf Pulse playing, exept choir sound and drums.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

A chord-change at 1:38 would be kick-ass. If I could I'd even add in a chord-sequence I have in mind, but my computer is busted, so... :p
I am imagining that it goes to another chord sequence (I don't know any chord-names) with a crash of some sort and some nice, mellow pads of some sort. Something like that would be really nice, I think.

Very nice!
Check out my website.