Upcoming CDs?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Upcoming CDs?

Post by weblaus »

Hya..

Having ordered the new C64-bases CDs yesterday, I noticed the list of soon/not-so-soon coming discs...

While the first three (BIT Live and Galyway DVD, BIT 4) are obvious, the other two I've never heard of before.

What's FTC: 01:04 Eternal and Datahits II? I'm quite curious about these and would like to know a bit more about them, e.g. who's invovled, what style they will be etc.

Anyone willing th shed some light on the matter?

Ulrich.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm glad you asked. FTC is the album from the strangely-quiet-lately remixer FTC. I love his stuff, so I was going (and am going) to produce an album of weirdly sequenced SID tunes. Oddly, FTC is one of those remixers who seems to do his best work on obscure tunes, since he takes them in such odd directions.

Datahits II is a tongue in cheek title referring to the old WH Smith tape "Datahits" (by Mupados). The idea behind that was to take the SID and then put nice backing on it. I rather like that idea, and to do it with the great SIDs from Project Galway, and some other SIDs recorded from Martin's machine from various people seemed nice. Just a throwaway old school CD, really, hearking back to my very first remixes which were again backing the SID. A lot of people would go "but the SID doesn't need backing", to which I say "well, I just like it that way. So nyahh!". Anyone who fancies putting backing onto a SID (even a Galway cover version, like Datahits) is welcome to submit tracks for the CD (but I'm very strict!! ;-)

So it's basically like the old Datahits, but a lot better and much longer. I'm sure the idea is lame to some of the audience, but what the heck! They don't have to buy it :) Anyone who likes SID + backing will love it :)

I guess its closest relative ironically would be BIT 1, or the old Rambo/Comets 98 covers by Matt Furniss... or even Jogeir's stuff. That kind of feel. It won't shy away from the cover versions either. Another way of looking at it is like Seth's work, but without the restructuring and with much more melodic content. A CD further from BIT 4 it would be harder to imagine. I just hope I can get the damn TIME to do all these CDs!! I've been creatively stewing since the end of Crystal Dreamscapes, and most of that was done a year and a half ago.

Chris