Well done England!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Well done England!

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Congratulation to the European Cup qualifier, England! I guess this means we'll see a final Germany/England again? Better start practicing those penalties... :wink:

Anyway, well done!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

A good start... now we need to thrash Georgia and the rest of the world at rugby union, and Bangladesh/Sri Lanka at cricket...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

yeah was a great day. watched it in the pub with a load of mates, suffering the concequences now after getting well rat arsed.

yeah the chance of meeting you in the finals is inevitable. just don't let beckham take the penalties ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Tas wrote:yeah the chance of meeting you in the finals is inevitable. just don't let beckham take the penalties ;)
HE SLIPPED! He said they didn't let anyone practice in the penalty areas on the Friday...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

yeah, it's all that hair gell he dropped on his boots ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Could have done better, but then moral must have been pretty low in the england camp.
turkish players did their level best to injure/provoke mr beckham but thats to be expected and he showed proffesionalismn beyond what he had done before to just ignore them (the jealous sods).

Personally id have loved to see us thrash them 12-0 just so we had something to take back, but going into europe 1st is trophy enough...hope turkey dont make it they dont deserve it, not with their unruly and downright nasty, racist fans.

raf.... yeap looking forward to france vs germany.....erm i mean england vs germany and a nice rerun of that 5:0 beating we gave u :-p lol.

but in honest opinion cups not gonna come to england...but if it does ill eat something thats a part of me of your choice.... think the usual protagonists will take it.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Some lovely double-standards in football right now. Had England behaved like the Turks, they would have been banned from the finals. Likewise, a few rowdy, idiotic England fans would have had the team banned, but seemingly it's okay for the Turkish fans to be rowdy, intimidating, and so on. Hardly fair, but I guess this is what England's been tarnished with.

I was upset to see Iceland go out. :( After battling bravely to a 0-0 draw in Reykjavik they fell 3-0 to Germany away, and Scotland managed to sneak through. If only the Icelanders hadn't played like total idiots during one of their matches against Scotland (both of which they should have easily won, seeing as they missed loads of sitters), they'd have qualified for their first major championship. (Oh, and in case anyone wonders, I do usually support all the "home" nations, but Iceland was my real home for 18 months, so they now come after England and Ireland!)
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

@ CraigG: Yeah, I watched the whole second half of the Turkey match. They really tried to provoke England. Especially Becks who was being splapped all over the place. I didn't really understand how this kind of double moral came into this match. No Engand supporters for instance. I mean, that's not really fair is it? On the other hand, I guess some of the riots during club games in the late 80ies and also the home game against Turkey earliers this year made it difficult for the UEFA...

@ Neil: Even if Becks doesn't shoot a penalty (and even if there's no slime in his hair :D )... I think you'd rather not have a penalty shoot out against Germany... 8)

@ Who are the usual protagonists in your view? I think France is going to go home in the first round just like in the World Cup. Their group was by far the easiest of the lot. A team I really believe is being over rated for some time now.
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

(Snip!) (...again...)

:roll:

Sigh. Don't know why, but every time I edit a spelling mistake in my posts or something, I end up having it twice. :?:
Last edited by Rafael Dyll on 12/10/2003 - 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Its wierd that England seem to be the bad boys of Europe when it comes to football isn't it. I often watch football on TV and see fans from various countries doing things that we wouldn't even dream of.

Your right because of the antics of our fans in the 80's we are still being tared as hooligans which infact isn't true.

As a big supporter of my local side, i have rarely whitnessed any trouble since the 80's. Infact i'd be willing to take both my children to a footy match at our local team, it's a safe place to be these days.

It's wrong and quite plainly wrong that England are singled out by FIFA and UEFA when really there's not much happening in England to warrant it's status.

oh and it's wrong that Schumacher won the grandprix championship too ;) LOL
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Well, it's always a select few. During the UEFA cup final in Copenhagen a couple of years ago, things went wrong. Fighting in the streets, stuff like that. It were brits who started the whole thing but ut was the select few who had come to Copenhagen with no other intention that to start trouble... It was organized. I think that's one of the reasons the international organisations are coming down on the british so hard, because it's actually organized and this is a known fact, even though the vast majority are a great bunch... A shame...
<--- I went that way --->
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Bollox to england - well done scotland I say!!! At least we scored a bloody goal!!!!!! :)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Well, the whole situation in the 80s was also rather unfair. Liverpool's fans screw up, and suddenly _all_ English clubs are banned. And, of course, Juventus gets away with nothing - disgraceful. (While I admit the English fans were mostly to blame, they weren't totally to blame.)

And well done Scotland, indeed, although it could have all been so different...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Who's scotland anyhows? is that in wales? ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Rafael, I agree about France. Some talented individuals, but it's getting them to work together.

Portugal with home advantage are going to be in the last few, Sweden with Henrik Larssen will do well, and of course England. To complete the final four I would pick Germany, only because their record in tournaments is so good.

Disappointments? Italy yet again, Spain (if they even qualify) and Scotland (sorry to all the Scots, can't see them winning a game if they make it through the playoff)