New Depeche Mode Album.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

New Depeche Mode Album.

Post by Analog-X64 »

The boys from Basildon have been busy :) New album out in march.

First Single.
http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/01/30/exc ... a-machine/

From B-Sides.
http://www.audiomack.com/song/hustleman ... thats-mine
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: New Depeche Mode Album.

Post by Chris Abbott »

Always nervous to even listen to new material from old bands. It's like a fear that listening to it could destroy your love of the band, rather like "The Bourne Legacy" destroyed the legacy of the previous three films (so I'm glad I haven't seen it).
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote:Always nervous to even listen to new material from old bands. It's like a fear that listening to it could destroy your love of the band, rather like "The Bourne Legacy" destroyed the legacy of the previous three films (so I'm glad I haven't seen it).
Depeche Mode post Alan Wilder is a different band, so if you like Post Alan Wilder Depeche Mode, you will like the new songs.

And I made the mistake of watching "The Bourne Legacy"
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

I prefer Depeche Mode when Vince Clarke and Alan Wilder were in the group. It just shows what they brought to the sound of Mode. I enjoyed Playing out the Angel album though. I think Depeche Mode are a better band when seen live.
Raven Squad
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Raven Squad »

Chris Abbott wrote:Always nervous to even listen to new material from old bands. It's like a fear that listening to it could destroy your love of the band, rather like "The Bourne Legacy" destroyed the legacy of the previous three films (so I'm glad I haven't seen it).
The Bourne legacy was horrible movie, but i still dont think that it ruined the first three for me. Same goes for Depeche Mode, i dislike the newer stuff and like the old. I really dont care even if they start making black metal, i always enjoy the silence. Or something as cheesy as that. Tho what annoys me is that when i hear people are people i think of volkswagen.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I was surprised how bad I thought the new stuff was when I heard it recently. Heaven is just a lifeless ballady Gore effort and a really curious choice of single. It's like Gore on auto-pilot. (Compare to Personal Jesus, I Feel You, Barrel of a Gun or even Precious or Dream On as an intro to new material.) But then I heard Angel, which almost mashes together blues(ish) guitar and electronics in that way DM often do well, and, wow, what a mess. It sounds like one of Gore's demos that needs some serious work. Post-WIlder, DM's obviously a very different beast, given that the band lost the guy who crafted the sound and did a lot of the arrangements, but this latest material left me cold.