Announcement: Immortal 3

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

@Jan

Look at this & don't blame me. I'm infected by the Huelsbeck-syndrome & i'm happy that Chris could free himself from the current Factor 5 projects just for a while about to contribute a few very impressiv tracks to Immortal 3 *tee hee* :oops:

click here pls ;)
BastiBS

Post by BastiBS »

Lieber Jan und alle an der Immortal 3 beteiligten Komponisten,

Glückwunsch und Danke von meiner Seite zu diesem tollen Album! :D

Meine 4 absoluten Favouriten sind mit Abstand Folgende:

Amberstar - Turrican 3 - Deathmask und Alien Breed

Besser kann ein Soundtrack nicht sein! Echt Klasse!!! Meine Sourround-Anlage haut mich förmlich um!

Was ich mir als einziges noch gewünscht hätte, ist, dass sich der gute, alte Matthias Steinwachs mal etwas mehr in dieses Album eingebracht hätte und doch nochmal eines von seinen grandiosen "Ambermoon" Stücken neu aufgenommen hätte! Und nicht nur in einer Länge von knapp über 1 Minute. (schön, aber das reicht mir nicht) Bei "Zanzarah" gings doch auch... ;-)
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

BastiBS wrote:Lieber Jan und alle an der Immortal 3 beteiligten Komponisten,

Glückwunsch und Danke von meiner Seite zu diesem tollen Album! :D

Meine 4 absoluten Favouriten sind mit Abstand Folgende:

Amberstar - Turrican 3 - Deathmask und Alien Breed

Besser kann ein Soundtrack nicht sein! Echt Klasse!!! Meine Sourround-Anlage haut mich förmlich um!

Was ich mir als einziges noch gewünscht hätte, ist, dass sich der gute, alte Matthias Steinwachs mal etwas mehr in dieses Album eingebracht hätte und doch nochmal eines von seinen grandiosen "Ambermoon" Stücken neu aufgenommen hätte! Und nicht nur in einer Länge von knapp über 1 Minute. (schön, aber das reicht mir nicht) Bei "Zanzarah" gings doch auch... ;-)
To @ll who are not used to german language just a crude translation what he has written. First he congratulates Jan for his hard work on Immortal 3 & hypes the soundtrack to one of the best which is true of course. :)

His fav. tracks are Amberstar - Turrican 3 - Deathmask und Alien Breed. Everything sounds bombastic through his surround hifi. He wished a longer track by Matthias Steinwachs & pointed to the ambermoon tracks.
kernel panic

Post by kernel panic »

Good news
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Back again from Leipzig... what an amazing event the GC opening concert 2006 was - thanks a lot to Thomas Böcker who pulled off the best concert in the series so far! Almost all of the featured selections were performed flawlessly; Amiga fans even got the chance to hear a very nice solo piano rendition of the "Turrican 3" main title by Chris Hülsbeck (especially arranged by scene legend Jonne "Purple Motion" Valtonen). Oh, and synSONIQ sold a few copies of "Immortal 3" on that evening as well... :D

BTW: the album has received a number of comments in the meantime and was featured in printmags like Swedish "Superplay" or German "Maniac" and "Retromagazin". Below you'll find a list of online articles - a review in English language is currently being written by Ziphoid for Remix64. If you know of any another reviews, please drop me a line or simply post them in this thread.

http://spelmusik.net/recensioner/immortal3.html (Swedish)
http://www.kultpower.de/retro-stuff.php3?id=2 (German)
http://www.demonews.de/artikel/index.php?artikel=872 (German)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/thalionsource/ ... ericht.htm (German)

Addendum: today I received a copy of the aforementioned issue #28 of the German "Retromagazin" (http://www.retromagazin.de) and they gave the CD set a "very good" rating. "Speedball 2", "Gods" and the "Turrican" tracks were mentioned as top-notch contributions.
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Found two more online reviews of "Immortal 3": a very nice one by Jürgen Beck, former webmaster of Amiga preservation website Back 2 Roots, who is now working for 4Sceners. The second and not-so-nice-one is coming from (suprise, surprise?) the Atari community - the latter one even suggests pirating the album at one point, since the CDs have "no extra value at all" compared to mp3s according to the author... well, I suggest you head right over to the C64 Audio shop and grab yourself a copy, just to see how bad it REALLY is! :twisted:

4Sceners review by Jürgen Beck (German)
Alive review by Anders Eriksson (English)
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

One of the reasons to by a CD instead of downloading the mp3's
is to get something extra for your money. Normally this would be
a decent booklet (like in the ST Revival) or why not a DVD video
with some game/demo footage where the original songs are
featured.

Unfortunately the Immortal 3 has nearly no extra value at all
compared to just leeching the mp3's. The cover looks nice, but
it doesn't even list the tunes. To keep track of what you're
playing you either have to have the booklet out or use the
computer to play the songs (from the CD or rip them.). That's a
detail that annoyed me a lot etc...
That's poor gossip because it was their aim to make the album not worth buying. Atari guyz seem to be a jealous & begrudgingly riffraff. Thinking of that Atari didn't had so much releases with golden gametiles as Amiga it get's very clear their reason for such a idiotic review. That is why they want to compare Immortal & with the other album to claim that St Revival is much better. And anyways ...whoelse with a little bit memory can take Anders Eriksson's review seriously....i mean....does St Revival contain a dvd video & speaking of extras...why doesn't St Revival come with 2 cds....why just 1 :?: :)

I don't see any sense behind Anders Eriksson's review as an attempt to ruin Immortal 3 for no good reason. If there is a possiblity to claim for damage....would u try Jan :?: Honestey...if i would be the producer....i would do so.

I feel sorry for the Atari Community but that leads to a wrong image....cheap & dirty.

IMMORTAL 3 rulez :!:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, both products were good value and very professional. I don't think they need to be rivals...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:Well, both products were good value and very professional. I don't think they need to be rivals...
I agree.

I must add that I find it to be bad form when a reviewer decides to make a "buy vs. piracy"-statement in a review. It's imo not really the time and place for that.

Part from that I thought it was a pretty well-written review, and you can't fail it just because it's not a song of praise. You can't win them all, and such. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

Yes Makke that is why i wrote that the review seem to attemp a bad direction "to make Immortal 3 looking worse". Because who else would be so stupid to admit the hang to piracy & intensiv p2p. That's too intense for my taste.

Ask that guy if he rather would pick a britney spears album without to consider for extras such....a DVD Bonus with Britney / Backstage / Baby One More Time-tour. I think he will say different if he likes Britney body at all wouldn't u think too. ;)

Therefore i say....his review is utterly nonsense. Of course it hurts Jan & he has my symphaties but the autors review is just worth as parody for the comedy club. Read between the lines.....

Hi i don't like Immortal 3.....i can't stand that they might have success again....also they have 2 cds this time.....shame.....our Atari album just 1....damn i hate this arrogant amigians but THIS time....this time i'll make sure of a revenge. :lol:
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I thought this "Amiga vs. Atari"-thing was history... :wink:
All is lost.
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

Good ol stuff never end. ;) :P
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

The cover looks nice, but
it doesn't even list the tunes. To keep track of what you're
playing you either have to have the booklet out or use the
computer to play the songs (from the CD or rip them.). That's a
detail that annoyed me a lot etc...
Much like the rest of that review might be nonsense, I have to agree on that detail. It surely doesn't have any influence on the musical quality, but I too dislike it when CDs don't feature a tracklist on the back. I see the reason there is non on Immortal 3, but personally I much prefer it otherwise.
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

OK, time for another short update - following their review of "Immortal 3", scene website 4Sceners recently conducted an interview with me on the production of the latest volume and the "Immortal" project in general. The interview is available in German language only and can be found here. A pleasant surprise was the unexpected mention of the CD in the official Games Convention 2006 brochure along with a picture of the cover artwork. There's also a review in progress for French printmag "Amiga Power", which I'm very much looking forward to, since they published nice articles on our CD series in the past. Oh, and Ziphoid's review should also be ready any day now...

P.S.: as some of you may have noticed, the content of http://www.amiga-immortal.com is temporarily gone; I had to move to another webhost, since my old one had become too unreliable to stay any longer - I'll try to update things as soon as possible, but it might take a while until everything is back online.
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Signing off for 2006

Post by Jim Power »

My last post for 2006... sorry for the recent lack of news - not much has been going on since my last update (apart from the announcement of Chris' and my involvement in the European tour leg of PLAY!, of course). Ziphoid's review for R64 is still in the making, as are the articles in "Amiga Power" and "Retro". The folks at "Retrogamer" apparently aren't interested in the "Immortal" project at all, while "Music 4 Games" don't have the resources to review the album at the moment. On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of word-of-mouth advertising and it's great to see so many posts and discussions about "Immortal 3" in various forums around the net. I'd really like to thank everybody who's been spreading the word - thanks for your amazing support, please continue to do so!!! BTW: if you happen to have a good idea where the album or the project in general could be / should be advertized (printmags, websites, blogs), don't hesitate to drop me a line.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - see ya in 2007! :D