Should i?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Should i?

Post by wobbler »

I mean, it's been so made times before. And so many good times before. Perhaps not in a funky mode, but still? I dunno, juts a thing I started this friday evening just because I could. We'll see.

klasman
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Should i?

Post by klasman »

Oh yes please :-)
[ the masters of pixel art @ http://nicepixel.se/ ]
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

klasman wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">02/02/2018 - 21:11</span> Oh yes please :-)
Ållrajt, herr Klasman. I won't delete the midi data just yet anyway. I'll see if I can get at break from life (aka family, work and all that other stuff) in order to try to make something decent of this fabulous Jeroen-thingie. Now, the standards are set quite high from the start, so I won't promise anything supernatural.
klasman
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by klasman »

Don't forget to check out the previous remixes by: Amok, Tron, Mordi, 7even Sins :) Those are the best so far in my opinion - and I trust you will top' em all! :D
[ the masters of pixel art @ http://nicepixel.se/ ]
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

Nah... tried a few variations over the past days (got some free hours here and there), but it seems like I won't get the hang of it at all. Here's two test:
1. a tropical house style

2. and then a trial in some sort of regular EDM-dress:
Neither does the work methinks. Bah.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

If this tune hadn't been remade like a thousand times before, or if I felt/thought that I could redressed it in something awesome I'd probably post some sort of result to RKO. But this time I really think anything I can produce would fill any needs at all. So, there goes a couple of bytes of midi =)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

The tropical house one justifies another remix. Cool vibes!
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

LMan wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">14/02/2018 - 0:28</span> The tropical house one justifies another remix. Cool vibes!
If LMan says so it perhaps does after all. I do need to get a grip of the muddiness and overall sound quality if I'm to consider any further work (I actually tried). We'll see about it all. Currently I have a rat somewhere in my kitchen (true story) that needs to be killed, and since the b*stard already ate the electric wiring to our brand new dishwasher and that it wakes me up in the nights which gives me a tired and grumpy mood, this issue has to be dealt with in a swift manner.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Get the shotgun!!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Btw the current mixdown suffers from Lead melody being far too low in volume. It's a mistake I keep making ever so often.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

LMan wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">14/02/2018 - 8:55</span>Get the shotgun!!
I just now stared into the eyes of a fat mofo (i.e rat), sitting on top of my scuba diving gear down in the basement. Damn that felt scary. Grabbed & loaded my air-rifle in a vain attempt to get a shot at it, but it had of course already vanished into some dark corner. Kill-guy from the company that deals with the kinds of things (I picture him something like "The Wolf") still not here, but will hopefully have some good advice on diminishing any presence of rodents in my house.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

He looks like he dissolves problems with a caustic solution.
All is lost.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

Update: the rat played hide and seek for a couple of weeks, until it finally gave in and consumed 7 bags of deadly poison. Unfortunately, it decided to die somewhere that we can't locate. The smell was really bad the first month, but is now seemingly beginning to fade away (just like that tropical tune I tested out earlier).
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Hurk. Well, a problem solved is one problem less.
All is lost.