SID covers of Tangerine Dreams?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Tutritus

SID covers of Tangerine Dreams?

Post by Tutritus »

Hiya!

Does anybody know which TD tracks have been covered on the 64? It would be interesting to listen to those and compare them to the originals...I've got the latest HVSC but I thought I'd save some time and ask you people first, because I'm not (yet) familiar with the whole catalog of TD. I guess not all of the SID covers are even named after their real-life counterparts, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Matt Gray coverd Midnight in Tula and another one as part of the Last Ninja II themes. The Mansion and... the loader to one of the other levels before that I think.

Also Martin Galway did "le Parc" (AKA Streethawk) but that has never made it into sidplay existance.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: SID covers of Tangerine Dreams?

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Tutritus wrote: Does anybody know which TD tracks have been covered on the 64? It would be interesting to listen to those and compare them to the originals...I've got the latest HVSC but I thought I'd save some time and ask you people first, because I'm not (yet) familiar with the whole catalog of TD.
If you have HVSC on your box all you need to do is search through DOCUMENTS/STIL.txt. There's a couple of mentions of TD in there.
LauriT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by LauriT »

Feekzoid wrote:Matt Gray coverd Midnight in Tula and another one as part of the Last Ninja II themes. The Mansion and... the loader to one of the other levels before that I think.
The Mansion Ingame is a remix of TD's 'Alchemy of the Heart' from the album Tyger. A wonderful tune.
Tutritus

Post by Tutritus »

Much thanks folks! :D
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: SID covers of Tangerine Dreams?

Post by Waz »

Tutritus wrote: Does anybody know which TD tracks have been covered on the 64?
As Jan already said, go to the DOCUMENTS dir of HVSC and open STIL.txt, now just do a search for Tangerine Dream. And these are the SIDs to look out for which are covers:

/Feekzoid/Risky_Business_PSID.sid
/Gray_Matt/Last_Ninja_2.sid (subtunes 10 and 12)
/Thierolf_Peter/Antics_Mini_Boulder.sid
/VARIOUS/G-L/Iron_Cat/Street_Hawk.sid

A few, so something to enjoy anyway.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

There's also a picture that was released on Compunet, based on an album cover I believe...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live