Finally!!!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Finally!!!

Post by Razmo »

Yes FINALLY!!!

I've been waiting for this device since god knows when! :D
I'm talking about an analog device that will recreate the ensemble effekt of old stringer machines like the Rhapsody or Solina... or more precisely: The Eminent Unique 310 that Jarre used A LOT on his Oxygene and Equinoxe albums... that lush phased strings.

I've had the phaser (Electro Harmonix Smallstone Phaser) for quite some time now, and this phaser is alfa omega, but it cannot do the whole job of those strings by itself, and the whole secret is the combination of the stringer ensemble effect put through the Smallstone Phaser (slightly modified version of the phaser though).

Even analog chorus or ensemble effect pedals wont do it correctly, as the stringer ensemble effect is rather complicated and complex, so unless you had one of those rare Eminents or Solina's, it's just not really obtainable.

Untill now I guess...

A fully analog Ensemble effects unit, that recreate the Stringer Ensemble effect, and is even made from the Solina (eminent) curcuit and components, and has even more adjustable parameters!

This thing is just incredible! ... Italian made, and I've been put on the ordering list now... can't wait!!! :D

Here is the site: http://www.synthoma.net/p/
Last edited by Razmo on 29/09/2009 - 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Finally!!!

Post by Razmo »

Check out this video... cool :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih_f-9g7bAw

And... erm... yes!... you have to be both a hardware nerd and Jarre nut to appreciate this... I know :lol:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Great stuff... same video above but in Stereo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih_f-9g7bAw&fmt=18
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
SkyMarshall Arts
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by SkyMarshall Arts »

AWESOME :shock:

Put it to good use in here!!!
God created man
Man created machine
Machine created music

My Website | Discord | Spotify | YouTube | Remix64
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

SkyMarshall Arts wrote:AWESOME :shock:

Put it to good use in here!!!
I will without a doubt :D

The even better thing is, that I by chance told the guy, that I once tried plugging two Smallstone pedals to a stereo synth, and got the craziest swirlig textures out of that configurations when the two devices was set to different rates, and each controller the left/right perspective... he now has replied, that he has another device on the drawingboard that will be a stereo version of the smallstone phaser pedal with different modulation configurations...

This will be Jarre heaven :D ... he will keep me informed on the development :)