Just a small question really

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Just a small question really

Post by Infamous »

Been considering doing this for a while but wasnt entirely sure if it'd work or if it'd be even welcome.

Some of you have probably heard my mammoth sized parallax remix which at the time of writing is about 15minutes long, but I want to fiddle about with it a bit more and make it slightly shorter.. and maybe also sticking in a small remix that I did of the lightforce tune too which testing out a few times "does" fit quite well into the whole thing but im not sure if the more purist types are going to come lynch me again so thought i'd just pop up and ask and in this thread at some point i'll even put up the WIP that I've got for you all to have a wee listen too.. Cos im nice like that.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Just a small question really

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hmmmmm I'm not sure if I've heard the Parallax remix, I might have a listen, where is hosted?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Do what you want Infamous, nothing wrong with mixing two tunes together, it's been done with remixes before. If people aren't happy about it they don't have to listen to it. ;)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Infy, in my humble opinion you always stood for away-from-standard remixes. Keep that up, go for it. :nod:
CheshireNinja
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CheshireNinja »

I'm certainly not the purist-type that you're afraid of; I always think it's cool when I notice another mix... in the mix.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I'm with LMAN on this one Infy... do what you do best... in fact I feel that there is way too few remixes that are "megamix" like in style, incorporating many different tunes. One good reason for doing this is, that many SID's are also short SID's that it's hard to make longer unless you mix in some of your own compositioning... mixing lots of small tunes could fix this "problem".

My own current ongoing remix is just such a coincidense... Spy vs Spy is ridiculously short, and you actually have to THINK to make it longer... now that's scarry! :lol:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Heres the link for the tune as it is now, this is the one that got played on boz and anna's show's and isnt the final release because I still have a fair bit of work to do on it.

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/ParallaxTest.mp3
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Just a quick update on the tune, it now has elements of lightforce in there too (and I'll also be releasing the lightforce remix standalone too because ... well just because) still got a fair bit of work to go on the final section of the tune where I decided to just sample the fuzzdown at the end of the parallax tune and use it as the bassline (think modern electro music/wolfgang gartner, radiator etc) instead of trying to recreate it myself .. Felt it winding down after its moved along quite swiftly was a bit of a cop out so have kept it "going".

Anyway.. I'll put it up sometime next week for you all to have a wee listen too.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Nicey noise! =D
All is lost.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Forgot to put it up >doh< i'll do it before I disappear for training next week.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Sounds fine as-is, though the style of music when it gets going isn't to my taste. I'd use any new ideas for fresh work if I were you.