Last.fm kickstart network

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Last.fm kickstart network

Post by LMan »

Hey fellow musicians,

I was uploading my music to last.fm, but I have very few listeners. The FAQ say it would be a good idea to have friends scrobble and tag your music, giving the last.fm algorithms food for presenting it to other listeners. If anyone here faces the same problem, we might help each other out by scrobbling and tagging each others tunes. :)

Anyone interested?

Btw, here's my page:
http://www.last.fm/music/LMan?setlang=en
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Last.fm kickstart network

Post by LMan »

Cool. Any idea how to best achieve this? Using the official scrobbler seems to be a bit awkward.

This tool seems handy for scrobbling:
http://universalscrobbler.invitationstation.org/

Although it might be a bit obvious if you scrobble 10 tunes in 10 minutes.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Nah. That feels like cheating... :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I didn't intend to scrobble without listening, but I haven't found out an easy way to put like all your tunes on a playlist and play through them without having to click through various links and dropdowns each time. :)

As for cheating; I have no intention of artificially boosting listener stats - I'm looking for valid ways of establishing the music in their respective categories, as suggested by the last.fm FAQ.

But the last.fm UI seems so... cumbersome.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Another way is to scrobble last.fm radio channels related to an artist. For example "LMan-channel". Beside tracks from you a lot of similar artists will be played. That is very interesting aswell imho.