ZX Spectrum Remix spares

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
HungryHorace
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

ZX Spectrum Remix spares

Post by HungryHorace »

hi guys,
just though i'd drop you all a couple of links, since i dont really know what to do with them.

There two remixes of ZX Spectrum games, one features the "3 note beeps" from Horace and the Spiders and is a somewhat silly Rave tune i made a few years ago. (also featuring many amiga / game related samples, just for fun :D )

http://www.djcresswell.com/album/MP3/Ho ... Raving.mp3

The other one is a more recent (but unfinished) remix of the lovely music from the Speccy game Nightshade. A track i've never heard anyone remix before, but i think is certainly worth it. I'm not sure when i'll find the time to finish this off (since its intended to go with an album of ZX remixes - which i dont have the time for) so thought i'd let you guys all have a sneak-preview.

http://www.djcresswell.com/album/MP3/Ho ... tshade.mp3

hope you like them, in all their silliness / darkness. :wink:
Every Cloud has a Strontium Lining...
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Nightshade; eaten and tasted fine. :)
Horace goes raving; rave ain't my thing but it sounds quite nice; e.g. some instrument effects.
HungryHorace
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by HungryHorace »

exoskeleton wrote:Nightshade; eaten and tasted fine. :)
thanks, like i say, it could use some work (largely mixing) but i'm glad it doesnt grate on your ears!
exoskeleton wrote:Horace goes raving; rave ain't my thing but it sounds quite nice; e.g. some instrument effects.
yeah, i wouldnt imagine it to be to everyones taste, but it's a bit of fun!

can anyone name the 8-bit sample sources? - i'd do a prize but i'm not sure what it could be!
Every Cloud has a Strontium Lining...
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Well actually there's also a bit of jungle (or whatever you call it) in the rave which is nice. As for Nightshade, it reminds me of chiptunes or sids (with a much smoother sound of course), I was thinking 4mat, then wave, then drax; must be some fragment of memory in the Alzheimer region. :)
Altair

Post by Altair »

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Altair wrote:More Spectrum remixes :) :

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=396509
I don't know whether it's the compression or what, but Zanthrax is really painful to listen to: very painful in the sensitive areas EQ wise. Pity, 'cos it sounds like it would be very nice! But oh, the pain...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Altair

Post by Altair »

I've fixed some things in the Zanthrax remix. I think it sounds better now (I hope) :)

http://www.soundclick.com/zxspectrumtribute

Greets!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I love NightShade as a matter of fact I would like to add it to my Heavy Rotation List.

However in my opinion it can do without the Screaming and Animal Sounds. Instead of the Thunder Clap, I would put a rolling thunder in mixed with the rain sounds.

Its a nice moody track.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

ZX Spectrum Rulleezzz :) Jetpac, Jetman, Scuba Dive,Eureka,....Ultimate, play the game...woahhh :lol: