ITV's Tourette's Camp

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

ITV's Tourette's Camp

Post by Makke »

I'm not sure whether to get a recordable DVD-player or throw my TV in the lake, because I don't know if this is utterly funny or just another display of the sadness TV-entertainment has sunk to.
ITV1 are to screen a hard hitting documentary aimed at destroying the myths surrounding Tourette's Syndrome.

Teenage Tourette's Camp will tell the story of five British teens who have the condition which causes sudden outbursts including random noises, swearing and spitting.

The teenagers will be filmed as they spend a week at a special summer camp in the US created so sufferers can spend time with other young people like themselves.

The documentary will follow the five teenagers as they explore their condition giving viewers a unique insight into how Tourette's affects their daily lives, and why it is often misunderstood.

The programme will be made for ITV by Shine Productions.

Executive Producer Jon Riley said: "It will be an amazing experience for the British kids. Being at the camp removes the continual stress they feel having to appear 'normal'.

"By being surrounded by other people with the same syndrome they can relax, accept and like themselves for who they are and even laugh at how Tourette's effects their lives."
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

HAHAHA! :lol: Fuckin morons!
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Shine Productions? shouldnt that be Special or Spanner Productions ?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

I've seen a couple of documentaries on this illness and it really does mess up these peoples lives. It seems quite funny at first when they start spurting out swear words from nowhere or spitting in their friends food. But it pretty much makes it impossible for them to get a job or live a relatively normal life. As long as the programme is handled sensibly it might not be as crap as it sounds.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I was thinkiing the same Dumper, it could be quite interesting if its done in a responsable way..

As many know my daughter suffers from "Aspergers Syndrome" and although this is something totally different i will follow this with interest! Knowing ITV though they'll tackle the subject with good taste... hopefully!
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Oh dear, this REALLY is scraping the bottom of the barrel ... :shock:

... But by golly I'll be watching it!! :lol:

STOOL! TOTTY! WOAH!
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

It's obviously not enough with old peoples running around and make fools out of them self like Big brother and other shitty "real life" crap...

Now they have to do this all over but with KIDS, how low can television go? Digging into theire own crap looking for idéas... :shock:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I dunno: if the end result is fair and educational then it might provide some valuable insights into a much misunderstood problem. Of course, it might be exploitative tat.

Chris
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Can't think of this being positive in any way... It MAY give sensible people an insight on that condition... but most people will just have a laugh at the kids cost, i fear... :?
All is lost.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Come on, this is ITV we're on about. What are the odds of it not being voyeuristic trash? Slim at best.

Celebrity love island anyone? No?
Great, another set of strings ruined...