I want THAT one!

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

I want THAT one!

Post by Waz »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/game/

Hehe.. <andy>"don't like it.. boring.."</andy>

Incidentally, the series 2 DVD has the Comic Relief special as an extra, so if you didn't buy it then, just buy this instead. Good buy! ;)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Oh dear. Little Britian does CJ the elephant.

Have to say, I've only watched the first episode of the new series, and I strongly doubt I'll ever watch it again. Series one, awesome. Series two, a little less funny. Relied on too many gross out gags and not enough actual clever humour. As for that old lady pissing herself and the thai bride sketch...

Nope. I've lost all hope for british comedy. Bring back Spaced or Red Dwarf.
Great, another set of strings ruined...
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Red Dwarf! *Sigh!* :)
All is lost.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I'm still waiting for the BBC to release season 1-4 of A bit of Fry & Laurie on DVD. Everything else just pales in comparison.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Maindrian wrote:Oh dear. Little Britian does CJ the elephant.
At least it features the best two characters in the show, though, and to be realistic it's a fine juggling act between being over-reliant on connection speed and making something simple and fun for everyone. It's light humour to brighten up an otherwise dreary time at work etc...
Maindrian wrote:As for that old lady pissing herself and the thai bride sketch...
A lot of complaints have been made about the former, and I must admit I don't like it either - although there are new characters in there which are funny. It's quite difficult to think of something new and original when you're three series in. Ironically it's had more viewers than ever, probably cos a lot of people have been watching the sell out tour. That said, series 1 still is the best of the lot though.

cue mad Scottish hotel owner with flute: "Ye know too much!"

If we look at most of the great comedy series, they only had a handful of episodes. Fawlty Towers and The Young Ones had 2 series of 6 = 12 each, and each series of Blackadder was 6 episodes long, making a total of 24 in all. Coupling had between 6 and 9 episodes per series, etc. Maybe Little Britain's trying too hard to be popular for its own good.
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:I'm still waiting for the BBC to release season 1-4 of A bit of Fry & Laurie on DVD.
A lot of people are waiting for that, I suspect. I take it you already picked up the 8-DVD set of Jeeves and Wooster in the meantime, then?
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Waz wrote:
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:I'm still waiting for the BBC to release season 1-4 of A bit of Fry & Laurie on DVD.
A lot of people are waiting for that, I suspect. I take it you already picked up the 8-DVD set of Jeeves and Wooster in the meantime, then?
Nopes. Couldn't wait for that, so I bought the series 1-4 box sets as soon as each one was released.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

At least it features the best two characters in the show, though, and to be realistic it's a fine juggling act between being over-reliant on connection speed and making something simple and fun for everyone. It's light humour to brighten up an otherwise dreary time at work etc...
Hahaha, it wasn't the game itself that I didn't like, it was more the fact that I just find Lou and Andy the worst and most bafflingly popular characters. I just don't think they're funny. And to hear Andy's quotes over and over again is to consign me to hell.

I meant it when I said I fear for british comedy. When crap like the Catherine Tate Show starts getting rave reviews, you know things are going bad.

And while I'm on the requests, bring back Big Train too. "Ooh, wait..."
Great, another set of strings ruined...