For the love of god and 60 seconds we nearly did it!

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

For the love of god and 60 seconds we nearly did it!

Post by tas »

Donny 2 Arsenal 2 (Arsenal win 3-1 on pens)

After taking the lead in as early as the 4th min in which McIndoe slotted a lovelly shot past the arsenal goalkeeper. Doncaster looked as if they might record their 3rd premiership hauling of the season. Doncaster had many chances to increase the lead during the first half but at half time it remained 1-0.

Doncaster kept up their quick flowing football and was unlucky when a fluke deflection left donny keeper wrong footed to make it 1-1.

1-1 it remained til full-time. In injury time Doncaster scored after a defensive blunder through Paul Green. The writing was on the cards..."Wenger's Arse-nal bitten by rover". Into added extra time at the end of the second half and 60 seconds away from progressing to an historic win and a semi final place when disaster struck. Just 60 seconds left and Arsenal scored!

The lads obviously being down after coming so close lost on penalties.

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED! but at the same time very proud of the lads who yet again showed the footballing world just how good they are.

some nice quotes from Arsenal's Wenger...

"Doncaster are a VERY good side who have players who could play in the premiership!"

"I was suprised when they beat Villa, but now i am not!"

but my favourite...

When asked..."Do you know where Doncaster is?" his reply "It's a town that the train stops at on it's way to newcastle" :lol: :lol:
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

What can I say?

As an Arsenal hater (especially after their penalty "antics" against City earlier in the season) I was gutted for you too. I really wanted that board to come up with 0 minutes of injury time at the end of extra time, but alas it was not to be. You played ever so well, and certainly the second goal against them was classic. Fair play to Paul Green for not giving it up and making the defender make the mistake in the first place.

Your team should be bloody proud of their performance, I watched the game on Sky and it certainly showed how good they were (as if it needed showing anyway). Wonder what Wenger's quotes would have been if they got beat - he's not very sportsmanlike when that happens so be thankful you got those quotes from him.

And how often do you get the fans singing praises of the Chairman?
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Most most most unlucky! Really wanted you to win as well, oh well, nevermind, you put up one hell of a show

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Only caught the end of the match and the extra time, but well played Donny!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Xelebes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Xelebes »

Uhhh..... the Oilers are first in their Division?