Human sid box?

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Human sid box?

Post by beyond »

http://www.yurilane.com/video/harmonica.mov

Awesome - human beat box and harmonica at the same time!
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

I'd sure like to see (hear) him do some SID tunes..

That'd be really really cool..
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jax »

I thought about trying to do a 'remix' using only my voice - it would either sound cool or totally horrible. I'm always getting smacked for making stupid SID-esque noises at inappropriate moments, I figured I should try and do something constructive. But on second thoughts, I think it would probably just sound ass... maybe funny, though!

(I mean sort of like MaybeBop, but only one person, recording track over track... a multi-track SID beat-box, if you like... with my own 'voice versions' of the SID instruments... Maybe I'm just too sad... :()

Jax

(Incidentally I embarassed myself in a math class at school back in 1985 by quitely performing the Rambo loading music to myself while the teacher was explaining something to some dumb kid who didn't understand the equations - I didn't realize she'd finished explaining and the whole class was looking at me when I looked up from my doodling...)
LDA #$0F
STA $D418
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Heh, I know the feeling.

When we did the warm-up gig for Mew (http://www.pressplayontape.com/?pid=concerts_mew) we hung out with Mew after the concert and we talked back and forth about C64 music. Front singer Jonas Bjerre told us about a tune he really liked, namely the Ocean Loader. After finding out what version of it he meant, Søren, André and I started to sing it... in some sort of harmony... Cool but, right after, also a bit akward ;)
Thunderer
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Thunderer »

Jax wrote:I thought about trying to do a 'remix' using only my voice - it would either sound cool or totally horrible. I'm always getting smacked for making stupid SID-esque noises at inappropriate moments, I figured I should try and do something constructive. But on second thoughts, I think it would probably just sound ass... maybe funny, though!

(I mean sort of like MaybeBop, but only one person, recording track over track... a multi-track SID beat-box, if you like... with my own 'voice versions' of the SID instruments... Maybe I'm just too sad... :()

Jax

(Incidentally I embarassed myself in a math class at school back in 1985 by quitely performing the Rambo loading music to myself while the teacher was explaining something to some dumb kid who didn't understand the equations - I didn't realize she'd finished explaining and the whole class was looking at me when I looked up from my doodling...)
Just do it :)